3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Country music is bowhunting.  (Read 775 times)

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Country music is bowhunting.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
I have a very eclectic taste in music I listen to everything from Classical to Hard Rock.
     But my old favorite and what I listen to most (especially when traveling) is Bluegrass.
     I do prefer older Country, Merle, Willie,Marty Robbins,etc.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
Caio Feliciano,

Country is easy to understand; some has wildness to it. It is Traditional American while bow hunting is not exclusively American. Country music does touch American roots as Traditional Archery touches Archery roots. I can see how the two would go together for many people.

I like alternative rock, well most alternative rock. I grew up on Southern rock and what we call today Classic rock. I listened to Country for about ten years then had kids that listen to Alternative and RAP. I don’t get RAP. I call it cRAP.

In the end, we all listen to what we like. We say to ourselves about the music "Te Amo" because we love it; much in the same way as Traditional Archery.

I hope I am using the phrase correctly. No one in my family speaks Italian any longer. But I take Te Amo to mean more then just loving something. It is very personal deep felt feeling and thought.

Martin

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
It was all
that I could do
to keep from cryin'.....

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
I used to know just about every rock and roll and top 40 song  from the middle 50's to the early 70's. Still remember a lot of it. I guess that's just my bag. Odd thing though is that when I do try to sing it comes out sounding country. For a guy that does not claim to be a big country fan, I do get a lot of jabs from my friends, because I just also happen to know a whole lot of the country songs. Maybe that's just a Southern thing. Do you actually listen to music while in the stand?
Sam

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
I like most country & bluegrass, but I try to avoid "Dueling Banjos" when I'm preparing for a bowhunt.  :)  Clint

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
AC/DC

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Tater I'm with you. Love Traditional Country and Bluegrass best. I would also most associate it with Bowhunting or any outdoor activities.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
I'm not sure that I relate any particular style of music with traditional archery. But my initial thought is that if I did it would undoubtedly have to be accoustic. I mean if you think about it, the electric guitar as an invention is not all that much older than the compound bow (and it changed the face of music every bit as much as the compound did archery). I'm also pretty sure that there are plenty of guitar players out there that love and prefer their beautiful wood guitars every bit as much as we do our wood longbows and recurves.  

That said, I personally love rock and blues. Electric and loud works for me.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Mocsin1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Rock and Roll all the way for me. Country is to much like pop anymore. Wheres Uncle Ted when you need him. He can rock a song about Fred Bear. It don't get more traditional archery then that!!!

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
"I was country when country wasn't cool"

I like all kinds and I sing all kinds.

I will listen to anything thats good.

I can't stand anything Ted nugent does.That guy just annoys me to death even the way he talks...lol

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
reddogge   listen to some Jamie Johnson  its about as close to real country music as you can get.  Sounds a little like waylon

Offline camocowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
I hesitated about posting on this subject, but I just can't help myself. You see I sing about traditional bowhunting in my songs. I spent 25 years in Nashville hanging around places like tootsies and the blue bird cafe to learn the craft of songwriting. When I was younger, I spent time hanging around people like Waylon,Tom T. Hall, Bobby Bare and countless songwriters.
On one of the forums the other day some of you were blasting music on hunting videos. My music is on a lot of hunting videos, including Gene and Barry's "Spirit of the Bow". Recently I sat in Caribou Camp and watched tears flow down the faces of Bob Foulkrod and Alaine Tarrdif as I sang a song Called "the Leaf River Herd" which will be on my next CD. Personally, I don't trust people who don't like music. You see, you listen to music with your heart, not your ears. Could be that if you don't like music, you don't have a heart and just don't understand the romance of archery. My perspective.  JB

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
I like "good music"...that comes in all types...except opera and rap (I'm with you on that Killie). But I do love the old days of western music and bluegrass. Bluegrass lifts my spirit and makes my feet move...well if I could dance they'd move..haha
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
I enjoy lots of music genres, but old time/bluegrass seem to come to the top for me. I like lots of country; some of the 'new' stuff sung by people like Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith is good to my ear. I listen to outlaw country, cajun, southern rock, and delta blues. Lots of good music out there, but when I'm bowhunting, I'm listening to sounds of Mother Nature. When I get back in the truck, it will be tuned to either a country station or an old time CD. CDs in my truck right now are the Outlaws (Willie, Waylon, etc), Jimmy Rogers, Reeltime Travelers, Lynryd Skynryd, Robert Johnson, and Ralph Stanley. It's all good.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
I'm a die hard "traditional" country music listener.  Most of the newer, so-called "country" music is nothing but modern pop music.  I will say that Josh Turner and Jamey Johnson are carrying on the sound of country music.  George Strait and the late Chris LeDoux are two of my favorites.

I also listen to a lot of bluegrass, folk, and big-band era classics.  When I hear a good big-band song, I visualize myself on the edge of a river with an old 30s truck parked near the riverbank making coffee over a campfire, just sitting there watching the autumn leaves slowing making their way to their final resting spot.

Most of the newer music in my opinion is nothing but noise.  These artists just get paid for their voice, nothing about their song writing capabilities.

BTW...Chad Slagle has to be my favorite.  His song "High, Wild, and Free" tells a story and I just visualize the whole story in my head.
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
I like all kinds of music and listen to just about everything except for the 50's and some 60's music and that hard rap crap, but like me some hip hop every now and then and current music, even some alternative stuff, but mostly I listen to classic rock or country now, but for some reason I really like some of Colt Ford lately, listen to "Cricket on a line" sometime!
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Could be that if you don't like music, you don't have a heart and just don't understand the romance of archery.
Possible? Yes
Probable? No

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
On my first out of state bowhunting trip, My Dad and I listed to Flatt and Scruggs almost the whole trip.  I cannot hear some of their songs without thinking about that trip.  So I guess bluegrass and bowhunting go hand in hand to me too.  My favorite being bluegrass gospel.  

My Dad is not able to go on those trips anymore, so those memories mean alot.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »
Jazz, the one uniquely American music form ...

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
HEAVY METAL is traditional bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©