3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eagle's Flight fits just right.  (Read 512 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eagle's Flight fits just right.
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
I talked to Don a few days ago about a quiver for my 56" Shrew Classic Hunter. After discussing my needs he sent me this neat little quiver. It's a 4 arrow Cherokee J1 with "Wing Attachment"

I had not seen an Eagle's Flight quiver in a few years and I must say there has been some very nice improvements. #1 the grippers are thicker and more substantial. #2 The strap is tighter and more secure because of an added buckle. #3 The connecting rod between the hood and the grippers keeps the unit in one piece when removed from the bow. #4 The Wing Attachment allows the arrows to be at an angle on the bow keeping them more in line with the limbs. Because of the deep forward handle and swept back limbs of the Shrew bow, without the attachment the arrows end up being in front of the bow limb instead of behind the limb. On the shorter Classic Hunters and Lil' Favorite bows that sometimes puts the nocks in the dirt when you set the bow down on the bottom limb tip.

Last but not least it just plain looks good and feels good on the bow. I'm thinking in the near future I may be stocking some Eagle's Flight quivers built especially for the Shrew bows.    

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eagle's Flight fits just right.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Ron I bought one myself a few weeks ago. Great quivers, light and solid. My only concern is the hood foam. Not sure how long it will hold up. But you can bet I will buy another foam and quiver when needed. Good practical stuff!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Those quivers and Shrews were made for each other!
Hmm. Can't think of a bow that   isn't  happy with an Eagle's Flight!
Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
Yes Killdeer,those uiver are perfect for feather weight bows.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
I have one too. great quiver
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
Ron, you always come up with great ideas on enhancing your products. Eagle Flight quivers would be another great idea.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by acadian archer:
I have one too. great quiver
Me too!!!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
Gonna have to get me one of them Wings. I love the EFA on my CH but the nocks are below the lower tip, that looks like a sure fix!

Eric

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
The foam needs to be significantly improved.
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Gonna have to get me one of them Wings. I love the EFA on my CH but the nocks are below the lower tip, that looks like a sure fix!

I know what you mean... Here's a quiver setup with the arrows below the limb tip.

And the EF with the wing attachment.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Ron let me know what you come up with in regard to the foam. Also are you picking up any vibrations/sounds on the extended arm. I would be interested in one for my CH for sure. tom
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Tom, the foam seems to be a little like memory foam. I think if I keep putting the broadhead blades back in the initial slots it'll work fine....time will tell. As for any noise or vibration in the "Wing"?..there's none at all, everything is tight and secure.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
I've had 3 Eagle flight quivers ,It's really a great product ,Don treats people right.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
I called Don today and ordered some 4 arrow quivers for stock for my Classic Hunter and Lil' Favorite models. The "Wing" attachment is going to be modified slightly. I'm leaving for the annual Shrew Haven hunt shortly so I don't know if I'll have the time to get them on my web site but we'll see.

Recently there was a thread about carrying your bow while on a bicycle. Here's my solution, I took the strap off my Frontiersman shoulder sheath that Art Vincent makes for me and attached it to my bow. It has an adjustable buckle to make it fit just the way you want it to.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Very nice set-up!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Ron, they will go out in the mail (Priority)probably tomorrow, but at the latest Monday.

This quiver setup with the Cherokee J-1 hood, fixed length totem, and wing attachment are the exact same as what I have on my personal bow, and I love it.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
As for the EFA foam, I took an aluminum field tipped arrow and heated the fp with a propane torch. Pushed them gently into the foam and melted holes in just the right places. Maybe 3/8" deep. It's a perfect lightweight quiver for my longbow.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Pluck Yew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
I love Eagles flight Quivers..and so do my customers.. Quality, disign, and CUSTOMER SERVICE are where it's at and Don at EFA has it all hands down...   :dunno:  

Shawn Montgomery
Edinburgh Arrow
Give 'em the bird!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
Ron,
Great poem!!
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Pluck Yew

• Trad Bowhunter