3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Replacing my camo thong........  (Read 444 times)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Replacing my camo thong........
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Seat that is. You know, those three legged stools with that under sized triangular piece of camo nylon that is suppose to give you something to sit on. I have nicknamed mine the "Camo thong" and hopefully will be able to put it in the "backup box" real soon. Two hours tops,and I have to get up off that little monster. So.....

I bit the bullet and called GFA and ordered one of the Waldrop Pac-Seats. It should be here any day now and I am going to give it a true blue field test. I had to really think about it but if you are not comfortable you can not keep still.
 The rut is just about to take off here and hopefully this seat will leave me stay sit a little longer.

Good Hunting,
                                   Craig

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Replacing my camo thong........
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Craig,

I am in the same boat. I too sue a "camo thong" religiously, mainly for packability into the woods.

I have been drooling over the Pacseat. Please give your insights as soon as you give her a good field test.

THanks,
Matt

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
The title of this thread, especially with your handle...It's like a car wreck, it might be an ugly scene, but you have to look! Lol! You're right about a good seat. I use one just like your "Thong", eventually I'll have to uprade. That Waldrop looks like a good one for sure. Good luck with it!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
You bet you guys. I will give you a full report.

Danny, never thought about that handle and topic heading,but it is making me laugh now. We use to call the fruits that fall from the Osage "monkey balls" It seemed fitting for this site.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
I'll be watching for your report.

Thanks in advance!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
i'll just have to take your guys word for it, just hearing ya'll talk about your thongs makes me cringe, don't want to have a visual, and certainly don't want to see a picture. couldn't help rag you guys. kind of reminds me of when i first started turkey hunting and telling my friends at work about my new diaphram. they jumped on me with both feet, we didn't know you used a diaphram. all joking aside, it must be a good seat if your willing to share it with your friends, the story i mean. i might be interested in borrowing one if i were to hunt on brokeback mountain, no skidmarks please, i hear the deer are funny up there.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
I think protocol is to wax before using a thong. Maybe that's your problem.  Not waxing.  Try it and let us know how things turn out for you.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Craig I know one thing for sure the boys are going to be much happier.  :laughing:
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
I guess "monkeyball" is better than "horseapple" for a moniker.    :)
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
You guys have to meet this character to truly appreciate the depth of his moniker and humor!

I have similar issues with my beloved Nifty Seat...after an hour, butt and boys both go numb... can't be a good thing!  :(
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:  

You guys are too much...thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline wbyrd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
The Waldrop Pac-Seats sure look sweet. Looking forward to your review of it.
~ SUA SPONTE ~

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
Craig, we had those in Ohio too we called Monkeyballs. Green, mostly softball size, some bigger. Green with a rough texture. Didn't know what tree they were from.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
DB,

Osage. Mock Orange. Yallar trash wood... Keeps spiders outa yer basement if you put some in the corners or under crawl space of the cabin!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Doc I hear on the nifty seat. I really don't know how to describe that feeling.   :laughing:
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
Doc,
I need to get hold of some of those. I have a serious Spider problem in my boat right now. On the other hand I suppose I could just do a good scrub down, but it's hunting season, so maybe not! They aren't biters, and don't eat much, so I've been pretty lazy about them.
As for the effect your seat has on you, that would have been a bonus when I was younger. Might have kept those pesky Paternity Suits to a minimum! Lol!

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the explanation of the "monkey balls" handle. Now being from AZ along with that post you put up,made me a little hesitant on opening it!!?? But here I am so I just had to see this  :scared:  
   Good luck with new old mans thong  :D  

Chort

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I have 4 of those greenies in my cellar right now,one in each corner.

As far as the Nif-t-Seat goes,I have put my share of time on one of those. To the point where I had to replace the original cloth cover. Here is a real joke,they put a piece of foam between the layers of fabric. That is like getting a shot of novocain before they take the splinter out. I hand stitched a piece of leather in its place, and just say "no" to foam. And Tom,I can tell you what the feeling isn't,it isn't NIFTY. Doc,are you out of your "I don't want to shoot you" mode yet? Been there and have overcome that,now you need to too. Rut is just about ready to blast off,you need to go out and kill one.If you have to call me,I'll drag it out for you.

Still waiting on my Waldrop.Will keep you all posted.
                      Good Hunting,
                               Craig

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »
I dont know about thongs and all, but the Waldrop pacseat is the best seat I've ever set my rear on. I cant imagine anybody being disapointed in this seat. I have one and hope to order another soon. The  original seat dont have the prop on the back, I can still balance in it but the prop would be a nice feature. Good luck guys, sounds like you might need it! HA!! Jason

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
Hi guys,
         My Waldrop arrived early this week. Have not had the chance to get it in the woods yet,hope to by next week.

First impression out of the box is very nice. Seat material is black in color,with the frame being an olive drab. About 5# and sits on the shoulders very nice. Clasp the waist belt together and you do not know it is there.

I unfolded it on the porch and sat in it just to see how it felt. Let's put it this way,I have chairs in my house that are not as comfortable as this.

As of now I only have two things that I am going to have to overcome with the Waldrop. The first is hooking my Catquiver up to it,that should not be to bad, the second will be harder.That will be trying to stay awake in this thing.You are going to have to sit in one to see what I mean.

I will get back with a field trial report after next week.

And I just want to tell you all that I had the camo thong out last week and was able to fill a doe tag. 17 yards,following a scent trail,and just about at the end of my 2 hr tolerance. What a night.

Good Hunting,
                                     Craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©