3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Replacing my camo thong........  (Read 443 times)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: Replacing my camo thong........
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Your butt will thank you, we will thank you, please give the camo-thong a decent burial, so it does not end up in the classifieds.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
AMEN!!! to that Hud those seats are the Devil i would put them in the same class as Chiggers  :laughing:    :laughing:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
I have had the chance to get out on the Waldrop a few times now. Very nice seat. Compact,sturdy, and very comfortable. Had a 2hr sit on it Sat.eve. Was wearing mix n match camo,had a chipmunk scoot under the seat,then actually jump off a sapling onto my arm. The seat does make it possible to sit very still.

At 6:20 I hear a crack behind me and slightly angle my head to the right. Hear comes a gray ghost to check out my scent cannister. At 12 yds.he makes a hard left and is going to come right down by me. Maybe a 5 or 6 pt.Very nice body and a real dark rack. At 7 yds he stops directly in front of me,looks my way,then looks the other way. He then continues on out the trail. Never knew I was there.The Waldrop is a keeper for me.
                         Good hunting,
                                  Craig

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
I need a new "hunting" chair too and was wondering how the Waldrop compares to the Huntmore? I know little about either but they seem to be the two top seats.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
They are two entirely different flavors. I have no experience with the latter.
 I can tell you this,I hunted a spot this evening where the only thing that works is my Nif-t-Seat.After sitting on that for two hours made me realize just how comfortable the Waldrop is.

Good Hunting,
                                       Craig

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Had the Waldrop out tonight,sitting on a high bank overlooking two well used trails. At 5:30 I hear a grunt and start scanning the direction it came from.
Next thing I know there is a deer coming down the trail on a mission. No time to stand,I shift my weight slightly to the right and when his head goes behind a Walnut I draw the Morrison back to the spot. As usual he slows down and his vitals are covered by the Walnut as he stops to smell the scent trail I laid down. He takes one more step and I release. Right over his back,a 9 yard shot and I choked.

Yes sir these Waldrops help make it happen.Now if they could just start packing some shooting instructions with them...........

Good Hunting,
                                    Craig

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Craig, when you do have to shift your weight, does the seat make any noise or can you do that in silence?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Jeffrey Coria

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Sounds like a sweet seat.

Offline Jeffrey Coria

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
They should line the seat weave the seat with silver.  You know, to kill any smells that would could come up... "My idea,I called it!" I"M GONNA BE RICH!   :biglaugh:

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
It did not make any noise that I heard Ron,and the buck never heard a thing at 9 yds. The only noise that I have heard with the seat is when you are carrying it and brush whips up against it.It depends on what your walking through.

Good Shooting,
                                           Craig

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
I have the seat too and have used it once on a 3-3.5 hour sit, comfortable and adaptable to the situations you may find yourself in.  Leaned mine against a tree that had roots similar to a cypress tree was able to sit level and configured for the best shot angle. My only complaint if I had one would be that I find the strap attachment pins and clips noisy when carrying or strapped on and can be when sitting if you brush against them.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
How are they on hills?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Ron,
    On a hill with a good angle you would want to lean it up against a tree. As far as the noise goes,other than brush whipping the frame,I have none. I did take a piece of foam pipe insulation and zip tied it to the top tube, so that when I do use it up against a tree it may be a little quieter. I think it will also aid in any slipping against the tree.

Now,tonight's hunt was one of those night's that you just feel like something is going to happen.
 Had deer all around me this morning with one passing so close on the other side of my natural
blind I could not believe it. So naturally I thought tonight is going to be it. Found a trail leading up to a bedding area and it was littered with rubs as far as I could see. Put a couple scent wafers out(not my favorite,but there quick) got off to the side, set the seat up and got planted.

That was at 4:30,they move late here,and I have yet to see a buck chasing a doe. That is why I set up on the rubline. I sat rock still,I mean the only thing that moved on my body was my head.

Legs at a 90 degree with my Morrison laying across them. My butt stayed,and I mean my butt,in the same place for two solid hours. Not a twitch,not a shift,not even a lean. I know some of you die hards are saying "No problem,I do that all the time." My hat is off to you. I don't.

I have a messed up back,herniated and bulged discs,so sitting still is not one of my forte's.
I also did not own a seat or stool that would sit motionless by itself for 2 hrs let alone me being on it until I got the Waldrop.

So back to the evenings hunt.I was serenaded all night by Great Horned Owls. As far as deer sightings,not a one. But you know what,if they would have made the mistake of coming down that trail,thanks to my Waldrop, I was going to be waiting on them.

If you are thinking about this seat, think positive, it is a "rock solid" investment.

Good Hunting,
                                 Craig

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
Good stuff Craig  :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Sound like it's money well spent if it's working that well for you! I may have to think about getting one!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
Sound like it's money well spent if it's working that well for you! I may have to think about getting one!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Good Ron if you get it I may borrow it  :bigsmyl:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky but I don't have any issues with the Niff-T-Seat.  I used to go numb "down there" like when riding a bike but all I did was turn the seat 90 degrees and sit on it with it going side to side instead of front to back.  I've sat on mine from dark to dark numerous times.  Of course, I'll be honest, that long of a sit wasn't fun but if somebody told me to sit in a leather lazyboy recliner from dark to dark and not move it wouldn't be very fun either.  I still get a little sore once in a while but usually just raise up about a half inch to get some blood flow going back into my legs then ease back down again.  

That Waldrop seat looks comfortable for sure but I can't see any advantage over my nifftyseat other than surface area comfort.  It doesn't seem possible that it could be nearly as versatile on rough or steep terrain and the first thing I thought when I saw the pic was that it would be like walking around with a tree stand on my back.

I haven't made up my mind yet but as long as I can stand to sacrifice a little comfort for packability and versatility I'll stick to my nifftyseat.  Of course, if I ever find a great deal on a Waldrop I'll probably give it a try just to be fair.  Sounds like you've got a lot of time in a nifftseat too and the fact that you really like the Waldrop has me thinking....I certainly have not heard much bad about them other than the noise from clips and branches slapping the frame when walking.  One of these days I'll get to handle one in person and I'll be better able to decide then.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
I'm still using a Dean Torges plywood tree seat for some of my sits it don't get any lighter or cheaper that that....but I can see some the advantages with this seat for long sits.....hard part my be staying awake...lol!

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Dave,
     I own a Nif-t-Seat also. Used it so much I wore the cloth cover off of it(seriously)and hand stitched a piece of soft leather in its place.They are the only seat that will work in some applications or the seat to carry when you really have no plans of setting up somewhere specific. It will stay in my lineup.

This Waldrop is in a league of it's own. You can now sit and be comfortable,and yes Ron,go out tired and you will fall asleep. Try that on a Nif-T. You will wake up either when you hit the ground or right before.

Tighten up the waist belt and you will not know it is on your back. Like I said, it is a "rock solid" investment.

Good Hunting,
                                    Craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©