3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Late Oct Rut sign  (Read 399 times)

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Late Oct Rut sign
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Like Curt, as much as I've ever seen this early for some reason.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
I'm not seeing scrapes or rubs to amount to anything. No big sign yet. Deer population is way down in my area of Southern IL.

The real big sign I usually see doesn't happen till late in the season in my main spot. Hope he didn't die of old age. I saw his sign late last yr. and don't think anyone killed him.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Yikes!
Sent you a PM Dennis.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »
I checked on a spot yesterday at 12:15 in the afternoon. I poured rain in the morning here so the ground was fresh. I've been eyeballen a new spot and had a couple spys in the woods. I ran into a scrape line just made after the rain with in 1 hour that was unreal. Nine big scrapes in a row over 100yds. There's always rubs and scrapes but I've never seen this type of explosion. My spys say be in the woods mid morn till the afternoon. Once we loose this full moon it's back to normal. I'm going to set up today for Saterday. It's a great area but there's hiking and horse trails so I've never hunted it much but!!!

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Couple of scrapes but not many rubs.  Pulled one camera yesterday with one nice buck at about four in the morning.  Pulling the other card today on another scrape.  I'm expecting big pictures.

Last Saturday morning I rattled in a six point and a limping spike first thing.  Waiting for this full moon to leave.  Lots of big does, but I need a rest from shootin' 'em.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Found a real fresh scrape on a little creek that runs through a cut soybean field yesterday afternoon. I didn't really think anything would use the area till after dark so hunted the edge of soybean field on a real good trail leading out the the field.

6:00pm I see 6 does come into the field way below me and go right to the trail that goes by the scrape. Then at 6:15pm another deer comes out and follows the same route.

I guess I'll hunt where I can see the trail and scrape this afternoon.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©