3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finding replacement arrows.  (Read 219 times)

Offline john gerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
Finding replacement arrows.
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
A few years ago Cabelas had a closeout on their SST 220 carbon arrows.  These were the very small diameter arrows with the outsets. I bought three dozen. After many trials and experimentation I finally got the arrows at the exact right length,exact right weight and flying great out of my bow.

Now the only problem is that I only have ten arrows left and Cabelas does not sell them any more. I have tried other carbon and aluminum arrows but I like these the best. The small dia. and a 225 gr bhead shooting out of a 49# bow and I get excellent penetration.

Does ony one know where I can get small diameter arrows with outsets in a light spine weight? Thank you.  John aka Brokenwing

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finding replacement arrows.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Try a WTB shout-out in the classifieds, never know if someones got some lying around. You might also call Cabelas. A REP may be able to do a computer search and find some in a warehouse somewhere. Can't hurt to try. If you have no luck there, get the specs--diameter, gpi, etc, and look for something as close to thar as possible. Good luck!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finding replacement arrows.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Those were/are great arrows.  Beman still makes a "Carbon Flash" that is the old style pultruded carbon.  The stiffest available though is a .570 spine.  I don't know the spine of your 220's but I'd guess they are close to that, or maybe a bit stiffer.  Worth checking into though I'd think.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©