3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: dangerous evening!  (Read 542 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
dangerous evening!
« on: October 21, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
I was out last evening, frist a shot gun goes off to the north and the shot starts raing down on me for a good 10 minutes, so I got down, because the deer had already moved through, then on the way down my trial a rifle opened up on me and the bullets were wizzing all around me so I moved farther east to get of there and jump into this drainge ditch, and another bow hunter w=got down to and the bullets were stiull coming, so we headed for the road and he gave me a ride to my truck, and we made it ok, Some one fired off like 25 to 30 rifle rounds in my direction, I yelled watch  your fire 3 times but it not stop, I am lucky to still be around, the bullets you could here them hitting the trees low right around me yet i was not touched! Tahnks be to god!!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: dangerous evening!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
:scared:      :scared:      :mad:

Glad you made it home safe!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Man sounds like a hairy trip out.  Glad you made it safely.  Was it criminal level attempts at hunting, or could there have been a drug operation in the area?
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I  don't now forsure,I have hunted the area for at least 8 plus years, and have never had a problem, but now I do not know if I should keep hunting out there? Lots of deer though! Its really my only place to hunt , were I do not need to drive 200 miles. Hopefully I can find out more,, umm the other hunter called it in, and gfp is gonna patrol it for awhile!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
Glad you made it out ok.  I have been shot at also ... it can humble a guy pretty quick!

Thank the lord you made it out safely.

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I got a angel watching over me forsure, or I have nine lives. that was to close . Now I know how the troops over seas feel when they get shot at!! God is great!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
That is for sure something to pursue on a criminal level. Either somebody is off their nut, or they are trying to drive out any encroachment on "their" space. This is way beyond careless shooting.

I got shot at once on a WMA, it was a stupid guy with a lame excuse. That was the one time I casually let my muzzle drift across a human as he stood explaining himself. I didn't want him to get off without experiencing the pucker-factor.

After that I started going into the hinterlands for rifle season. Fewer people, and especially fewer lazy, idiotic people. Your guy, however, needs prosecution.

Killdeer   :mad:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
We shot back when fired upon overseas.  Sounds like drug growers trying to run you off to me.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Yes , all very true. we do not have a rifle season open yet, and it was all concentrated on my area, wich is a good area lots of deer traffic through it, We got out to the road were it was coming from and there was no one htere I think they fled on foot, as there are houses to the west?

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
Sounds like either an anti, or someone who perceives that spot as being his own little honey hole. He needs a lesson in civics.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Follow-up with the local authorities for sure. If the area game warden will offer it, get his cell number if you have a tower signal out that far. Call him/her directly when you have trouble.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Could it have been a target shooting area with an unsafe or no backstop?  Large caliber or .22?  Lots of guys sighting in guns now and some just go to the woods to do it.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
I think you ought to be pursuing criminal charges yourself.  Anyone that would shoot that many times at someone is either insane, or a criminal.  If they thought you were a deer, they are either stupid or immoral.  In any case, they need to be locked up before they kill someone.

You really shouldn't let that slide.  If the game wardens are on the case, fine, but the state and local police should be as well.  The more people involved, the quicker that nut is caught.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Yep, take it from an old cop, this guy needs to go to jail. Contact your SO and see if they can work up a case. No excuses for that kind of criminal behavior. It could have gotten a lot worse, thank God it didn't.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
No fun getting shot! There's some blood letting in there somewhere for that reckless idiot.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
If it was public land and you have police with you then maybe you can give him an idea where the shots came from and where you were at...Should be some casings laying somewhere and the guy should have a gun to match them casings....Saw this on Television...Then the cop dudes can get them bad dudes! These fellas need to be jailed up and let some BIG BOYS have a field day with them...Glad you made it out alive and to "God be the Glory"   :thumbsup:

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Scary stuff!!!!!

Just glad you guys made it out without gaining any additional holes in your carcass!  Not a good feeling for sure.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
The world is full of idiots,I am glad you came home safely.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
When I lived and hunted in Kansas back in the early 90's I was in a very limby osage tree hunting deer. I heard some fellows on the neighboring farm shooting a semi-auto rifle - I supposed it was a .30 caliber. They were shooting at stuff in the small river that separated the farms. I didn't think much of it other than the noise they were making. Then I noticed little zip sounds in the limbs of the tree I was in.  I realized the bullets were riccocheting off the water up into my tree. I hollered at them but they didn't stop (they had to have heard me). I shinnied around the tree's bole and slid out of the tree. I then skirted the woods and found their truck. I contemplated putting an arrow in their truck door but thought better of it.

I stopped at the farm owner's house and told him how close I think I had come to being shot. He didn't seem to care - probably his kin doing the shooting?

The thing that was weird, I've never had a bullet strike near me before (that I know of). The bullets zinging through that tree seemed harmless, but of course they weren't.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
Sounds like someone trying to scare you off of your Hunting ground .

Since I have moved into my place I have had several incidents.It appears someone wanted to buy that land before me .I was just told a couple days ago ,Someone is target practicing on the property line ,They are on their property ,And that's their right ,But they're doing it to scare off the deer for the weekend .

But in my case I know exactly who's doing it .

It is a good thing  you are safe this time ,But what if next time ,You need to take care of it, You need to bite like a bulldog and still breath.

If they win ground ,There goes your traditional hunting ground .
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©