3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Thunderchild Twins :)  (Read 732 times)

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Thunderchild Twins :)
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
MAMA MIA

PRECIOSO!!!!!!!
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Kip,

Once again outstanding.  I certainly miss mine and can't wait for it's replacement.  

God Bless,   Pierre and Jean-Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
Jim’s bows come with these bow socks, lube for the two pc joint, T-shirt and a stringer...

I have some time before work to shoot. I'm taking an assortment of arrows to see what they like  :)

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Kip,
I converted my Bowsock to a 1pc or 2pc. I folded it in half, then cut a slit each side of the center, about 3 inches or so from center, wide enough for the bow to slide into. Then tie off the open end. This way I can just untie the end to slide it in in one piece, or slip each half in from the center, then fold over to carry it taken down. I plan to sew on a velcro flap on the end to replace the strings. Those are nice fleece 'socks and protect the bow well.
Dan
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
coaster500,

Please continue to let us know more about your experience with the twins.

I know when we had our twins we didn't get any sleep for the 1st fifteen months. Unfortunately true. LOL
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Victory Rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Really nice. They are the next on my list to order!!!!
68" Mohawk "Classic" 50# @ 30", Bacote
62" Trad Tines Recurve 50# @ 30"
Ben Pearson Colt 62" 41# @ 28"
Ben Pearson Golden Sovereign Knight 60" 50# @ 28"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
That’s a great idea Danny. These socks are really nice thick material...it seems the little fella doesn't do anything cheap  :)

Quote….."I know when we had our twins we didn't get any sleep for the 1st fifteen months. Unfortunately true."

I will probably be up all night tonight from pain!!! I shot so many arrows I can't lift my arm  :)

I took several different spines with me and was very surprised to find that the twins are not that fussy at all. The 3555 GT Trads I use in the buff@45#s worked perfect in the 45# TC but they shot well with the 50 that surprised me. The 50# ate up the 5575's that are my heavy weights with 300 grains up front. I am really impressed with the smoothness and lack of finger pinch, even with these big mitts of mine. They are forgiving, quiet and man I love to handle and shoot them. I still can’t get over the heft of these little bows. They just feel real in your hand. The owner of the local pro-shop (wheels mostly) has an indoor range and was grinning ear to ear when I let him shoot them……a couple of guys pull in with there wheels and the little guys made believers out of them at 20yards. The twins with a tiny bit of help from me tore up the bull (a rare day for me but I didn’t tell the wheel guys that) Maybe some more trad guys in the making?

Jim many, many thanks; I can't say enough good things about the Twins. They are all I hoped for and more  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Very nice set! Congrats.   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
Coaster- The only thing I look for in a bow is a happy customer. Glad to see that I found that in these three bows.

Thanks very much,

Bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Kipp,I took my little fella for a solo hunt the other day way up in the hills.It was so well mannered.I spent a lot of time shooting and getting use to here in a hunting enviorment.The more I shot here ,the better I got.The bow really felt like an extension of my mind,You know what I mean.It seamed I couldn't miss.I honestly love this thing!It has everything.
Kipp,I should have PM'ed you ,now the Little fellas going to see this,get bigger and our wait will get even longer!LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
Jim you have that in spades!! I could not be happier  :)  You are an artitisan amoung artists. I love my Buff and the Twins!! Like Steve said they feel like an extension of your arm. They made a ok shot like me look good today  :)

Thank you

Kip

Steve if I can next week I'm going to take a little walk about at my buddys 3700 acres. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and find a hog that's lookin for my arrow? I just put in another order for a 50# Buff last week so I'm at the back of a longer line this time  :)  Oh well, you and I know what's at the end of the wait......  

:bigsmyl:

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Those are a couple of sweet looking short bows!
Wow, I can tell they feel good in your hand.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
Thank you COLongbow I kind of like them also  :)

Here are a picture of the Twins "now U see it, now U don't" take down system   :)  

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Kipp,Your so right about the wait,AGONIZING ! Good luck on your pig hunt I'm thinking of taking the little fella for another walk on Sunday to a place I call "Muley Heaven" stay tuned!LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Muley Heaven Hmmmmmm ...  I think I'll go to bed on that idea  :)

Good luck Steve !! Can't wait for the report !!!

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
These bows and Jim sure seem to be getting more and more popular. I just received my Thunderchild, bought here on the classifieds, and am totally in love. Only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been a takedown and the beaver tail to be brown.

Hmmm ... may have to be thinking about ordering custom one of these days.

Congrats on the twins. They are beautiful.
I, too, know of the sleepless nights with twins (some 23 years ago.)

Romans 8:28

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
PowDuck, your TC sold so fast I almost missed it!! Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Sweet lookin TC....Congrats, it's hard to find one in the classifieds  :)

Offline J. Oles

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
Have you noticed that the Tiger Myrtle bow is any liter in mass weight than the walnut?

Jason

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Not really, there may be a difference but I can't feel it?

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by coaster500:
PowDuck, your TC sold so fast I almost missed it!! Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Sweet lookin TC....Congrats, it's hard to find one in the classifieds   :)  
It must have been meant for me. Just happened to check the classifieds right before heading to church last week and there it was.    :pray:  

It IS a great looking bow. I have had a little time to shoot it but not a lot. It will definitely stay in the collection. I just need to spend a little time with it and do some minor tuning.
Romans 8:28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©