3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My quest continues into our general hunting season  (Read 115 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
My quest continues into our general hunting season
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »
Well I headed out this afternoon, and got in my blind having some rain but not much.  I decided to head off into the woods, to stalk around wearing ASAT today and my orange vest that is striped out as well.  On the back side of the property, I found a buck that was a nice 8 point, but just a bit to far, as it looked about 35 yards with some branches in the way.  I had to try and creep ever so slowly to get a bit closer.  I got to with in about 23 yards, and as I was raising my bow up for the shot, he turned and was gone like the ghost of the woods.

I waited a while before heading back towards my blind, as it was starting to rain again.  I sat there till almost dark, observing several does wonder thru, but they are hands off as it is bucks only.

Just as the light was really getting low, I noticed movement in the upper pasture of a large bodied grey ghost, one I had not seen before but could tell that it was much larger than the buck I had seen earlier.  To far out past the tree line, and I was at least 100 yards up in the timber.  I headed out the other way, to cut around where I thought he might come out as I had about 10 minutes of legal shooting light left.

I arrived where I thought he would be, but he had not come thru as I could tell.  Well, I figure its all good, because he didn't see me, but I saw him and tomorrow is another day in my bowhunting world.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My quest continues into our general hunting season
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
Go get him. Good luck.   Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©