3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Marty found something!!!  (Read 490 times)

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
Marty found something!!!
« on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
HIS ANCHOR!!!!!!!!
And that sucker ain't floating no more!

Good job Marty!

What a weekend with Rod Jenkins! I'll post a full report in the next few days and get a bunch of pictures up but for now. It was probably the most eye opening,yet clearly understandable learning experience I've had. Ever.
Thanks Rod!
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Marty found something!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
I wish I could find some of that, it's my biggest problem with shooting.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
Proud of you buddy!!! Can't say I care much for that shirt though    :notworthy:  

Happy for you buddy    :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Yeah, That about sums it up Guru,Lots of what I thought I knew, I didn't have a clue, and Rod has a way of making it make sense. Its humbling, and exciting at the same time. When the lightbulb comes on and you say to yourself. AHA! Thats what it feels like! Nothing but good times ahead!
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »

I hope Marty doesn't mind me posting this, but I bet it pretty much sums up the weekend for all who attended. Also might help persuade some other Trad gangers that might be interested in getting into one of Rod's classes....

Marty's text..."I am humbled by what I thought I know and what I don't really know.  Lots of work with change"

That's good stuff right there!     :notworthy:  

[/QB]
Curt you got that right. I learned more in two days then I have is my last 3 years of shooting traditional.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Way to go, Marty!  You were shooting pretty good in La Tuque, now I imagine game should tremble with fear.  I hope the form refinements you've discovered pay big, big dividends in the field.   :thumbsup:
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Good for ya Marty!!  And ya!! whats up with the tee shirt..Jeeeeshhhh!!  :rolleyes:

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
:clapper:
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
I remember back in early 90s Marty's mug was in Outdoor Life at a Nicky Roth shooting clinic?   He's so photogentic.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Good on you Marty!

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Is that a 20# bow ?? I quess I'll be one of the few remaining floating anchors, Rods class the last two years at Ted Fry's has been tempting but I always have had a date conflict. Perhaps next year.

Congrats Marty .... look out critters
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
Wow, didn't think those existed...  :knothead:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Good news Biggie, Marty will be shooting way more critters than he can eat by himself.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Guru- glad you noticed the shirt! Dolphin fans in the neighborhood didn't like it much yesterday either! Someone had to win! Bet they cover fumbles this week in practice!

Learned alot this weeknd, but I also know there are no quick fixes-he gave us homework! Now I wasn't really much of a homework student when I was younger-but this homework means something-I start tonite. And here's the kicker-you grade yourself. Several guys wanted to take him home with them- now I certainly wasn't gonna ask a Tommy Lee Jones lookalike to go home with me- my wife is the jealous type. Actually I never even heard of the dude until swampdrummer's thread-but when several of my buddies offered to pony up the cash for me to go-I figured I'd better listen. The only one that didn't was Biggie- he loves to be better than me. My shooting is his best material. Without me-he'd be boring to have around-no one to pick on!

I put this fella Rod out on stand both Friday and Saturday evenings and unfortunately the full moon and HUGE acorn crop made it a no hog sighting time for him. I asked him if he could make the shot to the feeders which were about 18 yds both evenings and he kinda gave me the hairy eyeball. I had no clue he won the world championships a few times and 43 state titles. I told him there were 50 states and he said-get this-some states weren't worth winnin! Guess he heard that one before.

Seriously he is a good teacher, and the group as a whole learned alot and hopefully we will all be better shooters. Well worth it. Even if I left early to watch the Steelers beat Miami.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Miami was robbed! Keep watching Rothelsbooger you'll see him on Americas Most Wanted someday.

As far as your shooting goes...........we'll see.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
For sure everybody as a lot to learn from Rod.I waould like to attend myself one of those classes,but it isn't really next door to me.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
You left early?!!!!   Oh crap...that's when Rod gives you the secret is the last 5 minutes!  batman and I dropped 200 to get you extra lessons and you leave early!!!!!  Buy your books and you eat the binders off instead of read them.    Nice pic though, looks like you have dropped another cup size in that T Shirt

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Why don't you and your buddy Biggie go eat a Boston Butt,if you can find someone to cook it. Batman says he'll do it opening day of turkey season if I want a good one Carolina style. I know Mississippi style requires a very sharp knife.(maybe even an ABS seconds broadhead).

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
If you wear your bra, you can shoot that 40# bow in the Menopause class.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©