3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Epic Fail!!!!!  (Read 507 times)

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Epic Fail!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »
A warning shot is only sporting, don`t you think?

We give a wolf howl when we get out of the vehicle, to let them know we are coming. If they don`t heed the warning, then what happens, happens.

Seriously, your statement about it meaning more with a trad bow is spot on. I guarantee all your compound friends are thinking about how you are hunting... Wondering. When you do finally take a super smart Michigan whitetail, they will wonder even more. Your commitment runs deeper than you know. All eyes are on you. Hunt hard brother.

It will click when you finally get it done. It is all about having control to complete the shot. FULL DRAW, SOLID ANCHOR, all the while BURNING A HOLE where you want the arrow.

Easy to say...  :campfire:

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
It happens to all us from time to time.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »
No blood.....No foul my friend.
I'm still waiting for my first one too, and I'll take a clean miss anyday over a less than perfect hit. Knock the dirt off your broadhead, touch up the edge on it and keep on going to the next encounter.....that's what I do. I figure it will happen eventually and I try to replay the scenerio back over in my mind and determine what I did wrong.

One of the guys nailed it already and said that we sometimes try to "Overthink" the shot instead of just letting our instincts take control. That's why I missed, I tried to think too hard about the shot instead of just picking a spot and letting it happen.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
well brother, join the crowd. it does happen. a couple years ago. i got all shuck up over a doe, i thought, what the heck! it's like so many have said, when we stop having that feeling, it's time to quit. that's a good adreniline rush, for me, jumping out of a good airplane ain't. your gonna get another chance, but if that shoot doesn't open, there's gonna be blood. getting that close to a whitetail is aready a great accomplishment. count that total miss and encounter as a blessing. as for as your buddies go, it makes me feel good when someone says, look at his bucks on the wall, he did it the hard way. for me it's not bragging rights, but a good feeling inside. i remember the movie " COOL HAND LUKE"  shaking that bush boss, shaking that bush. keep on shaking, when your on target again, let'er fly. you'll be shaking even more when you find her dead. may GOD bless your next time out.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
No epic failure at all.  Just another outstanding memory to carry with you!  
Keep after them - it will come together.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Don't feel bad at all.  I finished me 2nd selfbow back in April and tried to get a shot at a turkey with but no luck.  Just about 2 weeks ago I had 14 turkeys in the field about 30 yards from me with nothing between me and them but air.  I managed to get my bow up, get drawn and let fly with ever being noticed.  It was a clean miss wide left.  Was fun though.
Blessed be the Lord my strength; which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Offline MERGANZER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words in hindsight i named the thread incorrectly i guess.  In retrospect it was the best miss I have ever made.  I felt 12 again shaking like a leaf over a big old doe that I was expecting to make me at any moment.  My friends arent that bad at all either they gave me grief about going trad for a bit till we hit the 3D course this summer and they said WOW!  That thing can zing an arrow and WOW, you can shoot pretty good with that thing lol!  Sunday night I got home and replayed the whole thing over and over in my head.  it was a good night even with the miss.  I sat down turned on the tube, poored a cold one and began resharpening the snuffer.  All in all a good night.  But that being said i still smile and shake my head as I replay the "chip shot" in my head but I remember that doe mare than any of the ones that fell to that mathews.  Speaking of that mathews....poor fella hasnt seen the light of day since the curve was brought home ahahaha...

Thanks guys!!!!

Ganzer

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
I had a simular miss this season. Everyone misses! Your assessment of the sense of accomplishment you will feel when you get your first trad harvest will be very rewarding, to be sure.

You sound very disciplined, so I am sure it won't take long. Hey, at least you didn't wound her!

Good luck and good shooting,

Dennis

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Good hunt! You got the right attitude. Hang in there, sucess will come.
bolong

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
This is a good thread for sure. I have had an epic success already with my first season of traditional bow hunting. I've managed to shoot at 2 does, 1 buck, 2 turkeys, and 5 squirrels all from the ground still-hunting. I did kill one of the does and she was my 3rd shot. Everything else was nice misses. There is no better fun than be able to get so close to these animals and just be able to get a shot off.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©