3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Was I right to pass on this shot?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Was I right to pass on this shot?
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
I could have made the shot no problem. That was not the question. My dilemma was this a fatal and quick killing shot. From what people have posted it is not and most likely the deer will travel a long ways without a good blood trail. That isenough for me to pass on this shot and i am glad i did.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline TimRadke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
The fact that you weren't sure made it the right choice not to shoot.  Even if he's broadside at 10 yards with his leg forward facing the other way with a bright dot on his side that says "hit me here", if you aren't sure, don't take the shot.
Byron Ferguson Patriot
58# @ 28"

RER XR
49# @ 26"

>')///><            <-------[[[[

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Passing a marginal shot comes straight from the heart. Hopefully, it is something we all have experienced.

A story such as this doesn`t get quite as much attention as one with a hero picture, but maybe that is how it`s supposed to be.

When you want it so bad, and the opportunities are so few, the choice to pass reaches a different level. I am a public land warrior myself, and I KNOW how difficult it can be just to SEE the deer that make the big rubs and open the scrapes under cover of night. Sometimes, a monumental effort.

Success comes to those who prepare. All of the arrows throughout the summer, are not wasted, even if you don`t shoot.

There are truely, very few who can honestly stand where you are Mint.

You never really "get over it", but you do get on with it.

The best part is, you know you could have made the shot.

A great thread.  :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©