3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does your wife ever complain...?  (Read 2739 times)

Offline matthewp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does your wife ever complain...?
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
My wife is the best.  She understands that hunting is a big part of who I am.  She supports the life that we live, and it is often centered around bowhunting.  I could not ask for anything more.  She does get a little "fiesty" during the rut when all I think about is bowhunting.  She understands that it is something that I need to do.  She also loves venison.  That helps a little too.

Offline carbonarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
The next time she get's mad,ask her: should I be drinking and get drunk instead!
MT 11:28
Come to me all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
If I wrote about it TradGang would be buying a new server.YES SHE DOES!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
I hate to say it, but yes.  She knew who I was when she met me.  I've given up a lot of other things I used to enjoy to make more time throughout the rest of the year.  I've asked her to join me and she has no interest.  Truth is, she doesn't like it and she's told me.  Now she sees that it is a lifestyle and I honestly don't know how this is going to play out.  I try to not even discuss it with her anymore.  How's that for sad?
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
I haven't read all the posts here so it may have already been said.  But there's a saying:  

"All women marry men expecting them to change and they never do.  All men marry women expecting them to never change and they always do."

Seems like they tell you one thing before marriage then when the ring is on, all bets are off!  LOL.......

Aaron

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
If you keep them happy they will keep you happy. I hunt all year long.Been married 31 years.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Mine usually doesn't say a word but this year I started to replace the 35yr old fence that the labs jump up against ( Just a matter of time till it fell over), I completed about 35 ft of it and she said," I SUPPOSE ITS GONNA SIT LIKE THAT UNTIL SPRING WITH HUNTING SEASON STARTING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!Well I dont care for the early season anyway so I convinced her I was making the supreme sacrifice so the fence would get done and it did all 150ft of it. So I dont expect to hear a word about the late season...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline insanedeerhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
my wife complains all the time gets on my nerves
insanedeerhunter

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
The one I had complained after we were married. The complaining went like this,you spend too much on hunting, your always going hunting, you are out with your buddies hunting,your out having fun hunting, and on and on. So, to prove hunting isn't a picnic I took her bow hunting, and told her sit here don't make a sound don't move until we're done, you'll see how much fun it can be. Then amazingly enough her complaining went like this, I'm tired, my legs hurt, my back hurts, I have to pee, when are we going to leave, I'm bored. It took her a long time before she said I was out having fun hunting, but it didn't stop her from complaining about spending money to hunt. So, in the end I divorced her.
Aim small miss small

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
My wife and I have been married 37 years. I was up front with her  before we got married, sort of an un-official pre-nup agreement. I made it perfectly clear my love for hunting, fishing and the outdoors in general. I told her I will never cheat on you and a whole host of things of that nature, but I spend a lot of time in the woods and on the water. She agreed but I don't think she fully understood just how much time I was talking about. For a few years she never complained but eventually it started. I reminded her of our agreement and everything has been pretty good for the most part for the last 25 years. I am lucky to have a woman like that and I let her know that I appreciate it.
bolong

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
Landman and Hookeye,

At the risk of losing a couple potential as yet unformed friendships, I'd say most of the problem for you fellas is that you have to actually LIKE women -and demonstrate a modicum of respect for women, before they would consider NOT nagging!

That quote by Augustus McRae is way off base.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline bro-n-arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
Look up Proverbs 21-19
Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray-headed,O God, do not forsake me,Until I declare your strength to this generation.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
My sweetheart and I dated for 2 months beore moving in together, and six years before getting married this past July.  The only bit of my hunting that she complains about is my tattoo, desecration of the temple that is your body doesn't fly with the Catholic church.  

She knew that we would have to be married in July, January or February.  Since moving Terrace it would have to be July, goat season runs to end of February if you get a draw.  We picked July 10.  She wouldn't bend on the honeymoon though.  I suggessted Hawaii, 10 days in the tropic sun if I could spend 3 days chasing goats in the cliffs.  No biggie, we had a great time visiting cheese factories and micro-breweries in Quebec.  We try not to battle in our house, she is French Canadian and I have Irish blood, there are no winners   :deadhorse:

She has been pretty good over the years.  She had a debilitating fear of dogs, but got me a beagle, now she wants another one for her birthday!  We moved to Northern BC from Vancouver Island so I could follow my carer path.  The only time she was really upset was when she planned me a surprise birthday party for my 25th and despite all her suggestive phone calls urging me to come home early from work, I made a detour and went hunting for an hour or two rather than going stright home.  

I make sure the yard is mowed, chickens fed and firewood stored before I go hunting. For my 30th birthday a few weeks ago, she asked that I not go hunting so as not to miss the party this time.  I thought that reasonable and in return she bought me a lovely bottle of Patron Anejo and told me to order a Mystery Ranch 6500.  I nominate her for wife of the year.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Ephesians 5:33 bro-n-arrow?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
I must be very lucky, My wife likes to go archery hunting just as much if not more than I do   :archer:
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
This thread should be really titled

"Men complaining about women".

My Dad never complained and neither did my Mom. The marriage (60yrs) was not without its ups and downs but he had too much respect for my Mother and too much self respect to ever fall into the all too common practice of complaining about it. I guess they didn't want to make a joke out of their lives by treating it like it was one.

Can't have it both ways boys.
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
My mistake was getting into hunting AFTER we got married... We set a hunting schedule which did help a bit but I work 2 jobs so she can stay home with our baby son and she STILL gets on my case... ugh...

:knothead:
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
I got to tell you all, I've got the best wife ever (31 years).  We have an agreement though.  There are 52 weeks in a year. I get 8 weekends and 2 weeks to bow hunting. Every couple of years an added week in the spring for hogs or bears and she can have 'all the rest'.  She is so understanding about bow hunting that I try to use  the time we will have together away in ways will both enjoy.

Last year towards the end of Elk season, she asked me how much longer the season was going to last..  I thought, Oh, she is going to complain... but she followed the question up with a statement.."I hope not too much longer because you're not looking too good".

moderation... and be fair....Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
My wife chases me out of the house and "Makes" me go hunting whether I want to or not.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Sweet Wife puts alot of time and effort into putting the "Honey Do" list together each year, starting about mid summer. My task is to get it completed prior to "funtime". Couple that with deciding to "tie the knot" on the 14th of October 32 years ago, October can be a tough month  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©