3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does your wife ever complain...?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does your wife ever complain...?
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hud:
Sometimes things don't work out, and it is best to move on.
:saywhat:    :laughing:    :laughing:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
I was going to hunt today but had a sick kid.
Today on the mend, good to go tomorrow.
Wasn't an issue of asking permission.
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
If the wife is fussing and complaining about you going hunting again,and hits you in the knee with your sidequiver full of wood arrows tipped with woodsman's that you were gonna shoot out of your longbow at a Whitetail deer. Then you can't go because your bruised knee won't let you climb the tree in your Lone wolf climber. Would that be Trad bowhunting related ????. Oh, by the way, my wife is as passive as a "Butterfly in the breeze", and sweet as they get..... I am a lucky man !!

Froggy     :saywhat:        :D
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline FOXXNTROUT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I had a girlfriend move out after six days of fishing. I got home and she was all packed out. I called her cell to see what was what. After she gave me an earful, I called up my buddy and we were gone for another three days down on Truman(MO). The fishing was great that week.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Sometimes........well, at least once a year!!!

:readit:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline raideranch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
YES

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Yeah, she said "we need another deer mount in the living room with the head turned like that one".  :readit:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
Man I must be the luckiest guy in the world! My wife doesn't hunt but sat in a bear stand in New Brunswick for a week with me and never complained wonce! She even helps butcher my deer.
GLENN

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
I have enjoyed this thread. I've read many of the posts to my wife.  As I wrote, she doesn't complain a bit -- I'm a retired wildlife biologist and she knows this stuff has been in my blood long before we met. I think she enjoyed learning how much many of you are grateful for an understanding wife.  

Frankly, I could take a lesson in not complaining from my wife. I complain more about her shopping than I should.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Mine doesn't mind...at least not that she says. She's actually encouraged me to go on some hunts and trips.
We've gone on hunting/vacation trips where I'll hunt and she'll do whatever or I'll hunt half the time and vacation the rest with her.
About the only gripes I get are when I complain I'm tired or sore. She says, "Self Imposed"...meaning I didn't have to get up so early or stay so late.

These posts remind me of a story of two buddies bowhunting. They're hunting a patch of woods next to a highway and their stands are within sight of one another.

A huge buck, buck of his dreams, appears below the one guys stand. He begins to draw back when he sees a funeral procession approach on the highway. He stands up, removes his hat, and bows his head as the procession passes.

His buddy is amazed at the respect he has shown and the fact he passed on the huge buck.

They meet up later and the buddy says, "I can't believe you passed up on that deer just to pay respect to a passing funeral procession."

The other guy replies, "It's the least I could do. I'm really  going to miss my wife."    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    

And for those offended...it's a joke, all in good fun to lighten some of the mood.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Grapes, when they are little bitty girls, they send them to special classes to learn how to complain about men's hobbies, so take heart, you are just another married deer hunter living in our "natural environment" - the dog house.

The good wives learn to deal with it and even to accept it to some degree, and a few, or at least I have heard it rumored, will even encourage it. Now that statement is pure hearsay, though. I don't know about other wives, because mine is very good about my hunting. (I just hope she never really tallies up just how much I spend on it.) Her standard comment is, "Don't bring anything home".

Sometimes I think the complaining is just them playing a role, because throughout the years, no matter the complaints or odd comments I have heard, a lot of neat hunting items at birthday and Christmas have come my way.

As I get older, however, she treats me more like a little kid. She wants to know which stand I will be in, and she wants me to hunt more from the ground ,as she is afraid I will fall out of the tree. That one may be a valid concern. She wants me to always be sure my cell phone is handy so when I do fall out of the tree, I can call for help. Being a little bit unknowing about wildlife, she wants me to carry my pistol when bowhunting, because we have seen a number of coyotes and bobcats on our land. Also, she has seen me shoot the bow enough that she doesn't think the bow is sufficient when the howling pack attacks. I actually was once treed by a couple of big Rottweilers. Lastly, since I stepped on a copperhead last year, she is adamant that I wear snake boots.

So despite the complaints I sometimes get, all in all, I must admit that my wife is a good sport about my hunting. The only real downside is that her wry comments about my lack of productivity often rival any zingers the deer camp guys can send my way.
Sam

Offline Kip l Hoffman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Kansas didn't have deer hunting when I we were dating in college.  But she hunted rabbits and squirrel and fished with me.  It was all a part of "getting our man". I got divorced because of bow hunting.  Second time around it was a clear part of the agreement.  Took awhile to find one but she hunts with me when the weather is decent. The only thing better than your wife as a hunting  partner is your girlfreind as a hunting partner.

Try your damnedest to get your wife to go  hunting with you.  If it doesn't work then save up your money because I will guarantee you that your freedom isn't free.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Does my wife complain?  Does a fat baby sweat?!!!

When we got married I told her that I'd give up anything for her, even my hunting, but if she ever asked me to do it....then that meant she did'nt really love me, so to h#** with her!  She has never asked.  

Early on she usually gave me the "guilt" trip thing, but over the decades now, she's gotten used to being a hunting widow.  Could be a lot worse, and she knows it.  And it's become such a family thing now anyway, with most of her best friends in the same boat, and the kids grown and just about as deeply into it as I am.  I am one of the lucky guys I guess to have her.  

She complains, but she really is very supportive of it all.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
I am very lucky in this area I guess. She gives me my space. I don't go out and party or hang out till all times of the night. I am home most of the time if I am not out shooting my guns or golfing or hunting or doing a 3-D shoot.  :biglaugh:
USMC 82-86

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
I think Sam hit many an estrogen nail on the head.
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline Airborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
My wife complains all the time--you have to play it easy sometimes--I try not to talk about hunting too much around her as it wears her out.  She has been pretty good about supporting me, especially with 1 year old twin girls and a three year old little boy!  It is a battle, but I have found if I schedule my trips well in advance and get her to agree on them months in advance I have less complaints.  Do what you can--life is a give and take!

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
I am lucky in that aspect.If I don't go out she asks "whats wrong and aren't you missing out on a good morning hunt"..I keep a going.They seem to understand eventually that its a bonding with nature and good quiet time for the men to relax..At least for me....Good luck
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Airborne:
My wife complains all the time--you have to play it easy sometimes--I try not to talk about hunting too much around her as it wears her out.  She has been pretty good about supporting me, especially with 1 year old twin girls and a three year old little boy!  It is a battle, but I have found if I schedule my trips well in advance and get her to agree on them months in advance I have less complaints.  Do what you can--life is a give and take!
Such is my life, less the complaining. We have a pretty young family and my burning desire to be in the woods, non-stop this time of year, has to be leveled to my personal/family responsibilities that have to be met. I do the heavy lifting for the family, tow the line, have a long work week and it seems that the precious windows of time that I do get to spend in the woods, are fewer these days. That time isn't even on the table for discussion. She knows I need to hit the pressure release valve (hunting/fishing/ect) from time to time to keep myself sane. She understands what it's all about...

Man, I love that woman!

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
I think my wife is probably the best going...in 26 yrs of marriage I've never had her say anything about going hunting. She always encourages me to go when an opportunity comes around. She actually asked why I haven't been back to Hog Heaven. Ray I will be calling soon. Sorry guys she doesn't have a sister.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Nah, but then again maybe she does and I just haven't heard her. In all reality Im a lucky man to have such a wife as I do. Shes not a participant and could do without the tales but shes happy for me when I score or just come back refreshed. It sure beats me hanging out at a bar and she appreciates that.I am always, always there when she or one of my sons needs me even if it was to be opening day and they are secure in that fact so I get some extra leeway.Take care of them fellas, they deserve our respect and patience. Our kids are watching us.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©