3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does your wife ever complain...?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does your wife ever complain...?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
I got mine to hunt and she goes with me and loves it! spending time doing and seeing all the things i love and enjoy and doing it together with your wife is a great experiance! takes patience sometimes but i dont mind a bit!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
2 years ago I went away and worked for a week with camper in tow, left from work and went to Ill for 8 days hunting, on the way home my brother called and told me I needed to be in a stand because there was a big non typical chasing on our farm. 3 hours later I pulled in after being gone for 2 weeks, kissed my wife, took a shower and went to my stand. She was not surprised, disappointed or mad, it was just November.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
not mine....I broke her in right...

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
WOW you guys picked the right time for this post but eventually Killdeer will be back!!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Is the pope Catholic??
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Most:
Is the pope Catholic??
Yeah, but he only expects you to kiss his ring.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
Grapes I have no idea what you are talking....................GOTTA GO...WIFE NEEDS ME!

Your story sounds identical to mine. Every year the same thing. I tell her all I want is 6 weeks a year and Im yours the rest of the time. Hell I practically gave up my beloved fishing just to get a free pass in Oct and Nov. I dont give any hunts up, just pay dearly for it. And its worth every tree stand minute I get! Hang in there pal.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
Glad I'm not alone - at least we are all treated the same.

Offline Al Natural

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Nope, never, she knows it wouldn't matter if she did complain. I wouldn't hunt if something more important needed to be done. I get both my boys involved and take them with me.  Than again she does what she wants when she wants.  
Al

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
My wife totally understands why and how much I need to hunt. She grew up a Kansas farm girl with 5 brothers.

Works out pretty nice for a family visit to Kansas in November, at least that's what I tell her. Luckily it falls during prime Deer and Pheasant hunting!!

Actually she knows exactly why we are going and doesn't have a problem she has always supported my hunting.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Never use to when we were first married. Now does all the time, even if it's not hunting season.

I actually stopped for 3 years because my business was doing so well I didn't have time to sleep much less hunt. But then things got less hectic and I went back to the woods. Only difference was now I hunt mostly out of state.

She new what to expect before we got married. Even knew our wedding day was picked because it was muzzle loader opening day, and I didn't have a muzzle loader.

She still doesn't complain until about 2 weeks before she knows I'm leaving then she doesn't stop.
This year I've also canceled a few local hunts just to make her happy, but she still finds something to complain about. So I figure if I have to listen to it anyway I may as well hunt.

As for the out of state hunts, you'd think I was leaving for a year or longer. She does nothing but give me a hard time about going. Even threatened to divorce me in January of 2009 if I went to Alabama. (Check out "Alabama hunt fills freezer" under memorable hunts)
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=90;t=000595
As I was leaving for this hunt she said she would divorce me if I went. I simply responded, "We'll talk about it when I get back."
When I returned she never mentioned it again.
She complains even though I let her go on 1 and 2 week trips with the Girls whenever she wants. For some unknown reason she deserves to have these trips but my trips don't qualify as deserving. We do actually take trips together, but they don't seem to earn me any points either.
Yes, it sometimes is rough on her and she vents a little at me. But, on November 9th we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, and I can't think of anyone else I would rather be celebrating it with.

Okay this is long enough, I'm done.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
You have to pick your battles in life. I stood my ground last year and get less harrass ment now than I did when firt mattied. Its been 4 years and evey year gets better.  

At first she didnt understand it, she still doesnt but she's beggining to understand me more.

That being said, I do make time for her after dark or on days I dont feel welll  enough to get to the woods because I am beggining to understand her.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Nope, not ever.  She is a peach! Course some of this stuff has to go both ways.  I just got done vacuming the house cause she had something she wanted to do.  Married in '72.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Mine did all the time, that was 16 years ago and I don't miss her a bit.

Offline barkrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
wait ...... is this a trick question?
Family,family,family mmmm... and bows

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
My wife tried it for the first time this year and is now anxious to go more1  She doesn't complain
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Mike Spaulding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
My wife and I have an understanding that bow season I'll be in the stand as much as possible.  There is definite give and take however.  We are blessed with a 1 year old boy and 3 year old girl who are the world to us but as anyone with kids know, can be work from time to time.  I'll tke the kids a night or two a week to let her get away with the girls, or try to get a babysitter on Saturday night so she and I can spend some time together.. while that may meen I miss a night or two of hunting, its nice to be with the family and I think keeps the wife a little happier and makes it easier when I'm not around a couple days in a row..

Offline Austin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Yeah, my wife does complain about it sometimes, but she's really been pretty understanding.  
I got her into fishing, now if only I could get her to catch the hunting bug  :)
Austin
Thunderhorn Coup Stick 60" 54@28
Brad Moore t/d recurve 62" 60@30

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Good thread. I read several of these posts to my wife.

When she said yes to my proposal she asked when. I told her the wedding would have to be in July or late November. She asked why, without thinking, and then I explained the hunting season cycle. We were married July 22, 1979.

IN our 3rd year of marriage I went on an 18-day mule deer hunt in Wyoming. I killed my mulie on day 3 but stayed for the other days so my brothers could run out of arrows or tag their deer. She did ask, when I returned home if I would be doing that (18-day hunts) much in the future. I could tell the best answer was a resounding "couldn't stand to be away from you that long again".  Haven't been out of state hunting more than 10-days since--long enough for both of us.

By the way, those of you who have wives who also hunt, that's terrific!  I tried to get mine into hunting early on but she wasn't much interested. A few years later I realized it was probably good for both of us to have a hobby of our own --her's is the universal female sport of shopping. Not shopping (except at Cabela's, Bass Pro, and on-line for archery stuff) is actually ahead of bowhunting for me.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
put it this way my wife is a VEGETARIAN!!! guess what her views on hunting are!!!!!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©