3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does your wife ever complain...?  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does your wife ever complain...?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
I can honestly say that my wife has never had one negative word to say to me about my hunting or how many bows I have.

She is very supportive!!

I am blessed!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Grapes,
  I got only 4 sittings in the whole year of 2009/early 2010...Our bow season started Sept.15th and I haven't been out yet this year and never made it to the 3d shoots all summer...I ain't even got my license yet...Reason is cause I haven't been "Self Centered" lately...We adopted to orphaned girls and even though hunting with Traditional Gear and wanting to be out in the Creation God gave us I come to realize that there is more important things then self satisfaction...I'm not putting down anyone here but myself...I look at my family and the two blessings God has givin to me and my wife and I have to remind myself often "Do I want my Castle built on Sandy soil or solid Rock"? Rock will be around for a long time but sand can wash away and be gone in an instant...Yes I want to Hunt just as bad and the Rut drives me wild too...You are not alone but don't lose what should be more important to us all...God Bless... Keefer's <")))><

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
I have to say honestly that my wonderful bride has never complained once about my hunting.
Rather, she has supported and encouraged it for the last 25 yrs. I'm lucky my first wife was a totally different story.(nut)
Rich Potter

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
After 30 years of marriage my wife knows I need bowhunting like I need oxygen. It is never a problem, but I don't push it too far either. I don't hunt every evening and don't really want to. Her birthday is on Oct 7th, she watched the weather forcast and decided we would celebrate on a rainy day that I wouldn't be hunting anyway. Cool.

Spending for a new bow or an out of state hunt is discussed and mutually agreed on (or not). I recently hinted that I'd like to get a new longbow and got "The Look". Hey, it was worth a shot! LOL

Besides, I'll be at Ray's for the third time in two years this Feb. My wife is the greatest!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
38 years day after tomorrow and no complaints yet about my hunting,God knows i've given her plenty of things to complain about but hunting isn't one of them.I've been blessed,she hunts too ,and kills a buck every year.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by adkmountainken:
WOW you guys picked the right time for this post but eventually Killdeer will be back!!!!
"Killy just remember I had no part in this" Then again Killy's on our side anyway's so what does she care?  :p

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
My wife NEVER complains about my hunting.
"Is that what you wanted me to say dear?"

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Ray, you gave a great explaination. Biggie, I like that picture you posted. I'm thankful Patsy lets me enjoy hunting with very little hassle.

Offline Bama Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
My girlfriend did for the first two years we were together, and it really bothered me. I remembered that one time my Grandpa told me that specific things that you don't like about a woman doubles (sometimes triples) when you marry her.
She's my ex girlfriend
"Relax and pick a spot"

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I guess I'm lucky. She recently told me that when we met that if I said I did not hunt, she would have thought there was something wrong with me. Going on 28 years together.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Man, I am glad I read over what I WAS going to post before hitting "Add Reply"... if my wife saw it we would probably be done  :D

All kidding aside, I know exactly what your feeling brother. My wife pulls the same stuff. I already got "It's only the 15th of October and this is already getting old." I told her not to worry, I would take it easy for a week but once the rut starts it would get old again real soon. She knows how it is during the hunting season, but it also gets old having to beg your way out into the field too.

On with life... let the b@#$#ing begin  :)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
A man marries a woman hoping she'll never change...and she does!

A woman marries a man hoping he will change....and he doesn't!

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
She did until last Dec. I said bye.never been happier.

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
My wife encourages me to hunt whenever I can.  It's hard for me to take off work, and I have to drive at least an hour to every spot I hunt, but she knows how much I love to do it.  I suppose she knows that I need to blow off some steam occasionally.

I've also discovered in my years of marriage that when men and women are looking for a spouse it's the same way we shop for a house.  

Men:

3 car garage.....check
Game room.....check
Good floor plan....check

Women:

This house will be perfect once we paint all the walls, get some new hardwood floors, granite countertops, new blinds, new appliances, exterior paint, etc.

Pretty soon the men are wondering what happened to the house they loved, and the women are looking for something else to fix.   :biglaugh:

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
I been blessed with a great wife. We have been married for 36 years.

I bow hunt from Oct. thru Jan. and fish bass tournaments from April thru Sept.

She never says a thing about either. I am so lucky!
She always asked if I seen any deer or how I did in the bass tournament.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
The hardest part about a woman complaining about a man's hunting is how to get all those body parts to fit just right inside that medium sized suitcase....  :scared:    :saywhat:  

Just Kiddin'

My wife complained about alot of things, but never about hunting. I taught her how to bowhunt and she still does as far as I know?
We split the sheet over other reasons, and I have come to relish my independence so much that I doubt I could find a woman to put up with me at this point?
No offense to any of you married guys, but I have shed my attachments and commitments years ago and any relationship that last longer than 6 months is a long time for me.
Maybe someday Ms. Right will come along, but I seriously doubt it.....I'm too Bull Headed.   :deadhorse:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Real Buckmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
starting Oct 1st Im never home so I dont here her until Christmas

Offline Cal bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
FYI, never point the TV remote at them while pushing the mute button, They do not see the humor.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
I have had friends that go through this everytime they go.My wife hunts so she understands when i go and its know deal for me.I dont think i would play into it by cancelling your hunting trips,because that just feeds the problem.Im no relationship guru,just my two cents.Good luck!

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
I have never met one that didn't have something to complain about. I love mine to death but this year i hear it more than i ever have before. Oh well 3-d season will be here before i know it.
Possum the other white meat

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©