3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does your wife ever complain...?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Enge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does your wife ever complain...?
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Take your kids hunting with you as much as possible and do what is best for them because that is what is most important.  
Russ

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Yes Sir  

One of the main reasons she left me,oh well I must say my hunting is quite important to me!!!
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
Constantly, and I suddenly lost 140 lbs of useless weight.  Divorced her after 5 of the most miserable years of my life.  

I am now married to the most amazing wife in the world.  She fishes, hunts, loves to camp, etc... just last night she looked me in the eye and said late season is coming, take days off, call in sick, do whatever it takes mister.  There will be elk in my freezer and don't come home without it!
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
Grapes,when I first started going out with my wife ,she didn't understand what hunting and Trad archery ment to me,she complained.I told her if she complained again she won't see me for 3 days,Yup she complained.The first day went by,she didn't see me.The second day went by,she still didn't see me .Finally on the third day she could just start to open her right eye LOL.
All kidding aside.For many of us on here Trad archery and bowhunting is NOT our hobby,it is our LIFE.When I was 7 years old(50 years ago) and my fathers friend showed me how to shoot a bow,it changed my life forever.It soaked into my blood and devoured my soul.I eat ,breath and sleep Archery 365 days a year.It motivates me obssesses me and governs all I do.My wife doesn't hunt anymore but knows what it means to me.
All year I am either building,tinkering ,experimenting and shooting my bows
In the last while we've had a influx of young people in our town getting involved in archery and I've helped many get set-up.Friends of my wife are asking her about me and she feels proud now to invite them over to see my mini museum and bow collection.
Your wife will mellow with time ,but piont out to her what are great passion means to you.We could be doing a lot worse things with our time.All the best.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
posted by bjorn:

Women have complained about our obsessive hunting ever since we clubbed the first one and dragged her back to the cave!
Grapes in a few short years your wife will not complain when you take the boys hunting as often as you wish.
I have even used my son as an excuse for all kinds of new gear that he can't use!........hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaaa  :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:  you crack me up bjorn
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
lucky stiff clay....i am gonna lay a wuppin on you at the next 3d shoot you lucky dog you.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
My wife never complains, as she knows hunting comes but once a year.  She knows that she if welcome to come along and join me if she wants to, but chooses not to hunt.

We've been married over 28 years now.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
In 1968 my neck swelled up and we got married on Nov. 9th. In well over half of the years since, I have be on a hunting trip somewhere on that date, and I have never heard a word about it from her before-during-or after. Hap

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2010, 02:02:00 AM »
more lucky dogs....i need to sell lucky dog t-shirts man.

Offline Huck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
Yeah mine complains, she complains I don't take her enough! Or about having to go buy meat when the freezer is empty!  I told her about my hunting when we first started dating.  She's never complained once about me going for almost 10 years now.  Just lucky I guess.

Huck

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
About hunting or fishing, Never! Jason

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
Does she ever stop..........
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
Nope, treat her like a queen and she will treat you like a king.

I've heard too many people on the threshhold of divorce say, "I'd do anything to save my marriage", when the truth is that if they would have had that attitude all along they would have never ended up in that situation.

I enjoy hunting, but I LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ, my wife, and our children.  What matters most comes first.

If it seemed like a hunting trip, or season was putting unnecessary strain on my marriage, then the hunt would be put aside for her needs.  The Good Book calls our wives "the weaker vessel" and says that they are to be treated with "honour".  Love is not about getting my needs met, but rather seeking to meet the needs of another regardless of what they say or do to me.      

I had to stop and tell my wife just the other day, "You know, you really are an incredible wife!".......and she is a gem!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline marshall brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2010, 06:38:00 AM »
I haven't read all the post so I don't know if it's been said like this or not.
  When my wife and I were younger and she did complain every now and then I gave her this comparison. "If you could only shop the same months every year that I hunt, wouldn't you go as much in that time period as you could"?
  It seemed to put things in perspective for her as most women would rather be shopping even if they aren't spending alot of money.
  Then, 3 years ago I was in a terrible car accident and missed all bow season. My wife said that she never would care how much I wanted to hunt ever again.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
After forty years, my wife hates everything I do.

Offline kskickapoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
That's a pretty good shopping analogy MB...might have to try that.

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
No my wife does not complain at all, as a matter of fact she knows that during hunting season not to plan anything for me to be involved in and she is OK with that. Also I never say that she cant do anything either so it is a two way street. I tell my friends that in life there are seasons and when you have young kids you need to be flexable and be OK with it, now my youngest is 17 and life is good. The only thing that stops me from hunting is me, a place to hunt and money. Shes a peach.
Fellas it really is not about the hunting I think it is insecurity on their part, if you golfed, bowled, played on a softball team most of the women who complain would still complain.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
IMHO

T Folts nailed it with "Fellas it really is not about the hunting I think it is insecurity on their part, if you golfed, bowled, played on a softball team most of the women who complain would still complain."

I'm not sure anyone can tell you how to reassure the one you married as women are like snowflakes in that no two are alike.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
FYI, never point the TV remote at them while pushing the mute button, They do not see the humor.

:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Ive tried that a time or two... normally I just get eye color change.... to green....

Never hear a word when plans are made with the kids or grandkids and bows and arrows....

Mike
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
"I got so mad today listening to it, that I cancelled hunting tonight and tomorrow, and also cancelled a trip I had planned with a good friend this weekend. "

She won, then didn't she? It's all about control. If you stop hunting altogether, it will immediately be about something else. Good luck, but I don't see you being a happy man.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©