3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Dwyer Endeavor with Pics  (Read 743 times)

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Dwyer Endeavor with Pics
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Just a follow-up to my original post.  Got an opportunity to shoot this bow some and thought I'd give a report.  I shot it side by side with my Dwyer Defiant 55# so with this Endeavor at 57# it's close enough for a comparison.  First impression is that the riser is a little beefier with the Endeavor.  A bit more mass weight and the grip is slightly larger in circumference.  Also, being a forward handle riser the natural cant of the grip results in a straighter wrist position making for natural pointability.  Overall it's still a Dwyer grip, (subtle, comfortable etc.) just canted forward more.  Drawing the bows I noticed more pre-load with the Endeavor but was surprised to find it noticeably smoother in the last few inches.  I draw 29" and felt no stack.  I wouldn't say the Defiant stacks, but the Endeavor is smoother at the end of the draw.  For being a 58" bow, it's got alot of bottom.  I don't notice much hand shock from either bow, but then again the only bow I've felt was shockey was an Osage selfbow, so maybe I'm not the best judge on that point.  Speed wise the Endeavor certainly appears to be faster, but either bow is fast enough.  Lastly both bows are quiet using just catwhiskers.  I'm sure you could play with the brace and all, but I'm shooting 640gr. arrows and they both are plenty quiet.  What I was most pleased about was that I could literally string this bow up for the first time, eyeball a nock position and hit a paper plate at 20yards with the first few arrows.  Overall, this is a hunting bow.  It's made for a treestand, ground blind, wherever you need manueverability yet prefer the longbow design.  I love it, thanks Dave.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Love the wood combo! Have fun with her ^^
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter