3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I had a blast today hunting  (Read 322 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
I had a blast today hunting
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
Well its almost as if they knew its bucks only now, and this morning I happen to catch movement off to the left of my blind moving my way.  So when I saw they were does, I grabbed the video camera and shot them that way.

After seeing them, and not finding any bucks in tow on their trail I decided to move out away from the blind.  I got to the edge of the meadow, and low and behold out moving towards the fence were 3 bucks of real nice size.  The were headed to a spot where they been jumping the fence onto the property, so now I got them patterned, and will be setting up in a thicket to ambush one of them on another day.

It was still an awesome hunt, because it was spent doing what I love to do with my bow.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I had a blast today hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:02:00 AM »
Sounds like you're getting close to sealing the deal. Good luck. Hap

Offline nd chickenman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
those bucks should be moving a lot real soon!!

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
Cottonwood,  I couldn't agree with your feelings more.  Last night I was hunting and at 5:15 had a great buck come straight in to my stand just Like I had invisioned.  At 7 yds. he turned offering a quartering away shot and rather than shoot him while sitting I got cocky and decided to stand and he must have heard something because he took 3 large bounds and was behind trees.  He just walked away!  Isn't this sport the greatest!

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
NIce, thanks for sharing that.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
Yesterday after I came back to my uncles house after hunting to have coffee, we were discussing what I saw. He said, why didn't you just shoot the first big doe that you saw? I told him that its bucks only... he responded with so, shoot what you see no one will ever know.

I told him, I'm not a poacher like him, and just don't wack'em stack'em like he would. He would of course use the Ruger .338 WM to do the job and call it good not caring about the quality of the hunt or anything else.

I told him look, my quest is like those that choose to climb Mt Everest. Sure they could get to the top with the use of a helecopter, but would have to stop along the way to aclimate to the elevation, but would get there the questest way possible to say they got to the top. I told him, for me I would rather take the long journey and experience the climb and enjoy everything along the way.

He looked at me made, because I called him a wack'em stack'em poacher. I told him your way is not my way, as I'm not a head or neck shooter either. All he could say is, "why do you waist your time?"

I told him, my time is not waisted, but every moment experienced is treasured. Every arrow launched no matter if I made a connection or not, is remembered and most of all ITS NOT ABOUT KILLING!

Even though I was so close to the does, my heart still pounded in my chest, and then what a bonus seeing the 3 bucks, even at a distance.

Yep, it was a good bowhunt!
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©