3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: two-piece vs one-piece bow  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: two-piece vs one-piece bow
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Like most of you, I the looks and feel of one piece bows.  However, it is easier to travel with a takedown.  Currently I have a Robertson Peregrine with the connection system and a Schafer Longbow with a modified connection, they both shoot and feel like one piece bows.  I bought a slightly oversized suitcase for air travel and my bows and arrows (inside a PVC tube) fit inside with the rest of my gear.  This allows most of the alloted two bags for hunting gear.  I had the Hope bow for a couple of weeks and was really impressed with the bolt system it used, solid, quick to assemble, and no tools required.  Its one drawback was the size of the riser, I prefer small risers, and to use the bolt you have to beef the riser section to get enough strength.

Dale, what type of connection system are your bows?  My next selfbow will be a takedown and I am still trying to determine which one to use.  Do you have a picture of the bows assembled and unassembled?

Walt Francis
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
One last tip, use a takedown when cat hunting, you really need both hands free to scramble over the rocks and through the snow.

Walt Francis
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Walt
they all have the small sleeve takedown, very solid, adds rigidity to the riser.  I do have a pic or two that I will post when I get home, I know there was an article about using the sleeve in a self bow in the last primitive archer magazine, I dont care for the hinge at all.  I like the BW and Cari-bow system the best where they actually use the wood for the sleeve and takedown but the small sleeve is great:-)
Dale

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©