3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ALERT!!!!! - Illinois Hunters - ALERT!!!!!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
ALERT!!!!! - Illinois Hunters - ALERT!!!!!
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
If you hunt in Illinois you need to see this thread.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=93;t=000238  

Please take appropriate action.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ALERT!!!!! - Illinois Hunters - ALERT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
that is not good kind of like the ban on dove hunting in michigan!!   :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:
St. Joe River Bows

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
This has the potential to be even worse. Folks need to call and let them know that this is a bad idea.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline painthorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
E-mails and phone calls sent but we need more people to stand up.The info I got from my Senator is that this bill has strong support from the Chicago Libs and will need some downstate libs to jump ship if its to be stopped.
Get on the phone folks.

Scott

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
No diferent than cities banning handguns or other firearms and getting away with it.  A constitutional right!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
TTT
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I've been making calls all morning. Who can we email? Illinois would be a great state if we gave Chicago away.
Jimbob

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
I don't have e-mail addresses but all phone numbers and physical addresses can be found here.

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
I can see where this could lead. Spending tax dollars to provide the deer with birth control in feed to control the population, instead of allowing hunting to control the population. Its hard to say what local governments would cook up to stop hunting in certain areas. We need help!
Jimbob

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
HB 3425
Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance
   520 ILCS 5/2.39 new   

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Wildlife Code. Provides that if a municipality or other unit of local government conducts certain research and finds that the deer population of the municipality or other unit of local government may be managed, using an alternative strategy, in a way that results in sustainable deer populations, then the Department must either (i) permit the municipality or other unit of local government to implement the alternative method of deer population control on the lands of that municipality or other unit of local government; or (ii) provide funding for the municipality or other unit of local government to conduct any additional research, that is requested by the Department, on the alternative deer population control method. Effective immediately.

House Amendment No. 1
Deletes everything after the enacting clause. Reinserts the substantive provisions of the bill with changes. Provides that any alternative method of controlling the deer population developed by a municipality or unit of local government is in addition to the taking of deer. Provides that the alternative method of deer population control implemented by a municipality or unit of local government must be implemented at the expense of that municipality or unit of local government. Provides that the municipality or unit of local government must report to the Department, on an annual basis, the local deer population count, as required by administrative rule.

House Amendment No. 2
Provides that the scientific study conducted by a municipality or other unit of local government must be approved by the Department of Natural Resources. Provides that a Section concerning local control of deer population is repealed on January 1, 2014.

Fiscal Note (Dept. of Natural Resources)
    Local units of government would experience the biggest fiscal impact. They would be responsible for funding research on new techniques to control deer population. Because the local unit of government would be evaluating the results of the research and not qualified scientists, the local unit of government takes a risk of implementing a deer management program that is costly, ineffective, and delays resolving their deer problems.

Fiscal Note, House Amendment No. 1 (Department of Natural Resources)
    There is zero fiscal impact to the Department of Natural Resources.

Fiscal Note, House Amendment No. 2 (Department of Natural Resources)

Fiscal Note (Dept. of Natural Resources)
Jimbob

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
I HATE THIS STATE! If its not banning guns, its hunting, Yet the poeple of Chicago (MAJORITY)  vote these left leaning liberals into office, ra ised in a concrete jungle and they cant distinguish an owl from a crow and now the city of chicago makes decisions on weather i can hunt or protect myself! It's b#@$$%^^! Sorry folks it just get's old i'm sick -n- tired of always defending my way life that does'nt hurt anyone! I will contact whomever i need, as always, like all LAW ABIDING hunters and gun ownwers should do. Thanks,David for the heads up. Jonesy

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Jonesy go get em. Maybe ya should move to wisconsin? Not as bad yet.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
new zealand is looking better and better.  jonesy you nailed it on the head. the folks making decisions are making them mostly cause someone stuffed some cash in their pocket. i will hunt with my bow until they pry it from my dead hands. i hate hearing about this crap and not so much for me but our kids. i can't begin to think what they are going to have to deal with when it comes to hunting and fishing. thanks for the post Vermonster. good luck fella's let us know if we can do anything to help out...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
This is exactly the same kind of crap we have to  deal with all the time here in Illinois. These so called politicians are firmly in bed with the animal rights/gun banning club. They come up with these far out bills knowing they won't be passed and then that opens the door for something less radical that might get passed. If all hunters stuck together, these scumballs would be out of a job but some will vote the party ticket come hell or high water. If a politician leans toward gun control you can bet he/she/it will be in peta's camp also.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Frank, maybe you are right , but Wis. is on its way to the disney land trash can liberal mentality as well. Jonesy

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
What does the D stand for behind the name of the bill sponser?????

Never mind...I got it DUMB***
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Unless a lot of noise is made by Illinois hunters this bill is going to pass and then you folks are going to have a real interesting time of it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dosbow56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
That's the People's Republic of Illinois for ya. Where else does a city's mayor have more power than the governor? I'll be contacting whomever on this. Illinois is getting out of control on hunting and wildlife issues. I hope it doesn't spread to other states. I just don't know how these whack-jobs keep getting voted in. I'm guessin it's a sign of the times here. God help us all......
Dave
"We watch our arrows fly. We watch our friends' arrows fly. We can't wait 'til the next one flies. It's as though we were watching through a child's eyes the same marvelous magic trick over and over."
Dean Torges "Hunting the Osage Bow"

Offline vanishing point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
What next???

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©