3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you do with your kills?  (Read 890 times)

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you do with your kills?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »
I don't shoot it unless I intend to eat it with the exception of Coyote which is nothing more than a nusance that needs controlling.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
Why does everybody hate coyotes so much? They are just trying to get by like every other animal....every right to be on this planet as us.

I've shot 5!  :D   I hate it that they are smarter than me.
David M. Conroy

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Everything I shoot gets eaten by someone or something.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
I live in mtn goat country and have eatne a bunch of them.  They always taste good but are routinely a bit tuff so burger is the norm.

Lion is about as god as meat gets, I've eaten a bunch of them too.  I would kill a lion for the meat only.

Bears are hit and miss.  If they have been eating fish, then they do NOT have meat, only "flesh".  Meat is edible and a bear eating fish is not!  The last blackie I shot was not eating fish and was excellent.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Any deer I shoot is given away to folks who can use it. I usually keep a ham and some backstrap for jerkey. The wife and kids (grown kids) won't eat it any other way.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
I wiil eat just about any thing but not coyote ,ground squirrels or crow.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Airborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
I don't hunt waterfoul because I won't eat them--my jerk of a brother in law kills the heck out of ducks and geese and I am almost certain he throws them in the dumpster

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
Wont eat no possum, but cook up several coons every year. I like the big fat ones, boiled with lots of pepper, potatoes and carrots. Never ate a coyote, and never plan to.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
I think its funny when people judge the way an animal will taste by what it eats . . .

Here in MD our prized possession is the blue crab! For those of you that don't know they are the little guys attached to the dead body when it gets pulled up outta the water in all the cop shows!

I have eaten both possums and coons, but only the legs! You can fry them suckers up like drumbsticks.

I'm a trapper and I find it hard to not try and eat somethin ya find dead in a trap.

That said, I haven't tried to trap foxes or yotes in depth, but this year I will. And I just can't get myself talked into eating a canine!!

I'll try anything once, its all about the way its fixed!
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
We eat a lot of it. I do take a deer or two for family and friends.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
When it comes to bowhunting, I can't remember killing something that I didn't eat... except since about my early teens when I used to shoot pretty well any wild thing that moved including mice, crows, snakes and bugs.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Chris, what an animal eats has a definite effect on what the meat tastes like.  Black bear is a prime example.  In Alaska, spring bears that are feeding on fresh vegetation are superb eating.  Those that are taken in the fall, after gorging on salmon, have a very distinct fishy taste.  It's not very pleasant.  In fact, in Alaska, you are required by law to salvage all of the meat of a spring bear.  You don't for a fall bear.

The same goes for ducks and geese.  Ducks that have been feeding on grains are much better tasting than those that have been feeding in salty marshlands.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
i'd eat anything except for the coyote.  definitely keep the fur though and find a use for it somehow.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »
i have yet to eat anything but deer that my old man used to hang from my swingset...

once i get a trad bow made , the wife wants to try rabbit hunting.

im looking forward to rabbit , squirrel , frog ,pheasant , turkey , deer , and possibly fish if i can find some walleye close to the surface...

i have downed a couple yotes for an old friend , and since they were out in the middle of the day , she wanted to burn the carcass cause she thought they were rabid. never really did much hunting in my life , spent a few weekends looking for deer in the woods during season though...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 05:10:00 AM »
Feed the Buzzards!! Only kidden! Chow them, everything but Yotes. They feed the buzzards!

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
I don't kill anything I don't eat and don't hunt anything that I don't eat and can eat me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©