3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: carbon in bow construction  (Read 330 times)

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
carbon in bow construction
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
hello i was wondering about the use of carbon in the design and construction of trad bows. i know the adcock bows,border, and palmer bows to name a few that use carbon in their limbs.

how well does it hold up compared to glass over time and short term. i have heard that it will come apart over time and glass bows are good for a long time.

how does carbon compare with performance. does it really make a difference in speed, smoothness, sound.
thanks guys i was just looking to learn a little bit and perhaps help make a decision on a future purchase

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: carbon in bow construction
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
I have 2 bows with carbon in the limbs, an ACS-CX and a R/D longbow built by Lynn Harrelson.  I've been shooting the Harrelson bow since 2002 and it has shot thousands of arrows.  It is actionboo and carbon 52# @ 28" and shoots a 475 gr arrow around 185 fps.  I shot a 52# ACS-CX for a little over a year and recently traded it for a 41# CX.  I've shot it quite a bit the last month.  I haven't chronographed the 41# CX with my current arrow setup, but it is very impressive with a 455 gr arrow.

Interesting to me, I had a well known bowyer who is a sponsor here told me that he felt the carbon made a bow more consistent in how it shot more than just adding speed.  There are some good bowyers on here and some very knowlegeable shooters as well, who I'm sure will give you better insight on carbon limb bows.

I really had not thought about it until now, but two of my three favorite and best shooting bows have carbon in the limbs.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: carbon in bow construction
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I know a Black Swan with 60,000 shots on it thats still going,
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©