3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Crappy Question  (Read 1451 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Crappy Question
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
David Yukon'

I hope you toss the wash cloth when done and not accidently wash up in the morning with it...

:laughing:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
I had a friend who was in my boat while we were bowfishing. He waned to go ashore to "unload" A. Fish and B. He needed to "hang out".

Long story short when we were getting back in for round 2 I asked him what stunk. He accused me of stepping in some poo.

After a close inspection it turns out he accidently stepped in his own poo when he was turned around. I was glad it was an aluminum boat!

The Carp didnt mind either.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
I always carry 4-5 paper towels folded up in my back pocket for such an emergency. I found out a long time ago that wiping on leaves, bark, dirt, and small saplings is kinda ruff on the rear end. I can usually make it back to camp or at least to the truck, but not always. Dad's camp chili will send anybody screaming for the fence line at 8am on opening morning, so I've learned to carry some of my own food with me and skip the chili gut assault the night before.
I've "layed traps" within 50 yards of my tree stand many times and never once had deer pay any attention to it. They smell all kinds of animal dung so I don't think they pay much attention to it. Ever been real close to a fresh cow pile? That is about as bad as my worst trap ever was and deer walk right past it.....probably holding their breath......but they don't spook from it.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
I just remembered a story my dad told me about my uncle. They were gigging suckers on the river one night and my uncle was 3/4 crocked $h!+ faced and had to go real bad, so they ran the boat up on the bank. My uncle bailed out of the boat, ran to the nearest tree and un-hooked his bib straps and just kinda flung them off to the side and let er' fly........dad said he heard the awfullest cussing going on when my uncle pulled his bibs back up cause he had layed a bear trap right in the back of his bibs!! EEEwwwwww!   :thumbsup:    :biglaugh:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
I have always carried a roll of TP with me for this exact reason, and it doubles as tracking tape. I recently invested in a roll of surveyor's red tape for tracking, so the roll is safe. I'll probably put it in a ziplock though now it's a few years old. Never had to drop a dusenberg while hunting though.....unscented baby wipes are probably a good addition.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
This is going way to far.  Zip lock bags and unscented baby wipes are clearly not TRADITIONAL.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
For years I carried TP.  Now I carry a "travel pack" of baby wipes.  A friend that was an Army Ranger tells me they were as good as currency in his unit.  

Will doing the "#2" at the base of your stand hurt?  Well, it certainly won't help.  But I can tell you I've paused to do #1 and on more than one occasion that presented a shot opportunity.  Maybe it's just bragging but it has been does in every case.  ;-)
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
What a thread!  Holy Crap!
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Yeah, I know what you guys mean. It happens to me a lot, so I always carry paper to the woods. That habit is what caused my son to give me my "Indian name" - Squatting Bear.

I have had deer come around without it having any noticeable effect on them
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©