3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camp Joker-practical or not  (Read 901 times)

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camp Joker-practical or not
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Dudley, that joke was plain WRONG!!!!!

One time I got my Dad looking at a nearby live hornet's nest through some binoculars.  Tickled the back of his neck with a piece of grass, he came totally unglued!

Dan

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »
Vance, I forgot about the hitch hiking beatle. Never heard a peep out of that practical joke either. Where's Bob? CK

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »
Good thing Herb has a since of humor! That boy is big enough to make things uncomfortable!

This past weekend we had a father and son campout in the Adirondacks and all during the day we kept the kids thinking about all the black bears in the area. Set the boys (aged 13 and older) up all day for a restless night thinking about bears!  I even took a handful of corn chips and threw it into the boys open fronted lean-to. Told them it would keep the bears out of my lean-to.  Well a little after 1 AM I pulled out my tanned 7' black bear hide and made a little visit to their lean to! Well, you can imagine the results!  I had two of the boys admit that they were huddled in a ball on their cot praying! One said he was too scared to even look. One saw me scratch the corner of one of the lower cots and he was thinking "oh no, Jeff is going to die". After revealing myself to the boys they were very relieved. One of the older boys (17) said, "you are just mean"!  We had a great time with it and they all admitted that it was one of the funnest and most exciting (scary) campouts they've ever been on!

Offline Craig Warren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
While heading in to our treestands with and old friend who was new to deer hunting, we stopped to chat and while he was looking away, I placed a hand full of chocolate coated raisins behind him.  I cautioned him not to step in the deer dropings behind him and commented on how fresh the sign was. "Ya think so?"he said excitedly.
I reached down and picked some up and said it looks real fresh and handed him some.  Smells fresh to, don't you think, I said.  When I poped some in my mouth and said yup it sure tastes fresh, he came unglued and I had all I could do to keep a straight face.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
We took a fella on his first bearhunt in Maine last year. We filled his head with bear tales all week, especially the scary ones.His tracks to the bait showed that when he walked in, the strides were short and deliberate, and when he ran out at dark, they were long and far apart!The guide played a major part of the story telling,adding that a week before ours, a camper was torn from his trailer and found without his arms.

Our friend shot a bear the last nite and we trailed it the next morning. As the guide was cleaning his bear, we distracted him and planted a very realistic rubber hand in the guts of the bear.
When it popped out of the belly our young friend looked like he saw a ghost!He just about lost his breakfast, but soon our laughter changed his mood.

Best part was, we recorded it on his own camcorder! Great moment, caught forever!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Marty that was awesome. I'd love to hunt with your group!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Short on time will think of some later but one I can  
think of now is my buddy put a little green  frog in another friends red man pouch guess where it went first grab.Kip

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Very Funny CK!  I didn't discover the bobcat crap until I was going through my backpack getting ready for turkey hunting this spring. What the %&%*^(#$?????
And here I just blamed it on a mouse!  Should have known better.....   :readit:  
   :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Lookie here, Joe Lasch showed up to claim the prize.  :readit:  

:goldtooth:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
We were rabbit hunting one day and I rolled a nice size stone down through the weeds behind my buddy. He missed it twice and swore it was a rabbit.. Did the same thing to my Dad a few times, damn that man sure could shoulder a shotgun fast:)  

I like the ole fart a-matic trick. Take a coat hanger and cut off about a 8 inch piece. Bend it into a square U shape, bend little loops on the two ends. Tie two rubber bands to a nickle size washer then connect the loose ends of the rubber bands to the loops on the coat hanger. Twist the washer several times to tighten up the rubber bands then slip the thing under yer butt when yer sitten on a chair, a vinyl chair works best. When ya lean over real slow the washer starts spinning and sounds like a fart. You would be surprized how many guys actualy can smell it:) Pulled that on a waitress in a resturant once, that whizzed her off:)

Offline Longbow Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
There's always the  black snake in the sleeping bag trick just to liven things up.  

Then there's the steel plate over the scoring area of a target but you have to have a friend that can hit the target for this to work.  Works best if you shoot first and hit too far back, then make a wager "$20 says you can't stick an arrow in any scoring ring". Notice the word "stick".

Offline Bowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
When I was a Platoon Sergeant we played a trick on my Platoon Leader just before a briefing with the CO, we took a pair of binos and coated the rubber cups with black kiwi (shoe polish) then folded them down narrow. When the LT walked up we handed him the binos and told him to check out the womens shower tent which he did immediately and had to widen the glasses while looking through them to see anything leaving him looking like rocky raccoon, upon seeing nothing he handed them back and ran off to his briefing...I sure do miss messing with young LT's.

Tom
Freedom isn't Free!

U.S. Army Retired

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
I almost got thrown out of a hunting camp once for this one.  I went to the outhouse and saw a little possum, so I caught him and took him inside and hid him in the first pair of boots by the door.  I waited for a while for the owner of those boots to visit the outhouse, then fell asleep.  Woke up in the middle of the night to the worse yelling and screaming you ever heard, when the camp owner decided to slip on his boots and visit the outhouse.  I guess my laughter gave me away, and I had to do some 'splaining and fast talking in order to avoid walking home that night........
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
Marty posted-

"Our friend shot a bear the last nite and we trailed it the next morning. As the guide was cleaning his bear, we distracted him and planted a very realistic rubber hand in the guts of the bear.
When it popped out of the belly our young friend looked like he saw a ghost!He just about lost his breakfast, but soon our laughter changed his mood."

I was on that trip with Marty and a few other nice fellas...and let me tell you, it was a laugh riot the whole time..really had a blast. Was going to go to Africa in July with him and was really looking forward to the time we would have spent....he's a jokester for sure!

As to the idea of putting women's lingerie inside the luggage of a campmate just before he goes home........

that seems a little over the edge to me...remind me NOT to go on a trip with you, OK? Snakes in my sleeping bag (as long as its not a black mamba or a coral snake ok) but no women's dainties in my luggage, please. Been married a long time and want to stay that way.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BodarkOkie

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
Got an old wig or hairpiece laying around???  Stuff it down at the bottom of someone's sleeping bag.  Seen some people move real fast coming out of a sleeping bag after sticking their little bare tootsies down against that furry critter.   :rolleyes:
If you love peace more than you love freedom, you lose!
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of MO-Lifetime/Founding Board
United Bowhunters of IL-Lifetime Charter
Compton Trad. Bowhunters-Lifetime Charter
PBS-Assoc.
NBEF Instructor

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Well, we got a few Trad Gangers just the other day....seems there was a big Brew Ha Ha boiling over Miss Kim's Cookies on The "ITS UP....ST JUDES....ITS UP" thread.

Guys were paring up, then teams and aliances were formed to take the finall bid of Miss Kim's treats.....

Dick 'rabbitman' Easter kept telling them boys on the other team that he had a secret weapon...and they just kept on hammering him and team mate Border Bob Walker....

I came up with this as a little joke....I posted that Bob Walker had unleashed the secret weapon!!!!!.....and this was ALL the other team could see when they tried and tried to log back into Trad Gang the 1st day of the Auction.....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Sorry, access has been denied by Border Ranger Walker and his Cookie Comandos.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline TXRED

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Hoo-wee!Don't get between an administrator/moderator & Miss Kim's cookies!  :readit:
John
    Too young for Medicare,
    Too old for women to care

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
It was a lesson well learned TXRED.  Them boys will do anything for their cookies!  We're being REAL nice to them now!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
When I get a new guest at my camp just before dark,the nite before the season I ask them if they brought their can of paint,of course they didn't don't know what for.I say come with me I have one and take them for a ride about 2-miles down the paved road have them paint a circle on some roadkill and then tell them tomorrow after the hunt if nobody kills we will come back and get everything not in a painted circle,fresh meat for supper.Can of paint $3.00,Gas $3.00,Look on their face priceless.Kip

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©