3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Death from Above!  (Read 1276 times)

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Death from Above!
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Well fellas, i just had another amazing traditional experience.

This may be a little long winded, and i will more than likely get choked up typing it.
Here goes-
One of my best friends in the whole world is an 87 year old man. Ive always been big buddies with him and have always loved him to death. Everyone loved him dearly, i never heard one unkind word about him. His name was Clemmon Trivvette. And here comes the tears. If i could only explain to you what this man ment to me i would, you see i never had a Grandpa, they both passed before i was born. Clemmon was my grandpa. I spent hundreds of hours rocking right beside him, talking about Hunting, fishing, his war storys, and most of all God.

I took Clemmon tons of game over the years, he would always have me kill a fawn a year for him. and i always came through for him. Clemmon was the most Godly man i have ever met, if i could be half the man he was, i will be content.

Well sunday morning i got the call that my life-long buddy had passed. As tears flooded my eyes i remembered all the sweet memories we made, memories i will never forget. i learned so muuch about life from him, i learned so much about God and his never ending mercy and love from him.

Today was his funeral. I fought threw the tears, and heartbreak as i had the honor of being a paul berrer (i dont know how thats spelled). I cry only for me, and all the other friends and family of this wonderful man, there is no doubt where Clemmon stands today, no one has to wonder where he went. Someday when my day comes i want people to say the same thing about me.

Clemmon loved the outdoors, he hunted fished and trapped any chance he got. Clemmon would always rather have had a button buck than a big buck. He was a meat hunter. He always loved when i killed him a button buck.

Right after the funeral, after much thought i decided to go hunting, Clem would have it no other way.

I was hunting an Apple tree, with tons of scrapes and rubs, and i was really buck hunting. Clemmon LOVED apples. i plucked one from a branch, and said "  we.ll eat one together again someday buddy" i then climbed up a locust with my summit.  I looked up and when i saw what was comming i felt sure that ole Clemmon had something to do with it, heading my way was a button buck.

Now i smiled. The beautiful deer came right to the tree wchich was 30 yards, to far for this ole boy. i bowed my head, and just as Clemmon taught me, prayed that Gods will be done, and just maybe he could send that deer to me. Well i said amen, and the deer turned and walked to me on a B-line.

He nibbled on an apple and ever  so slowly turned. There was my opening. i picked a spot stared at it, became it, and said " this ones for you Clemmon" i drew, anchored, released, and my arrow went perfectly behind the shoulder. the deer turned and ran about 70 yards out in a field, started wobbling and fell over.

Whata rush!!!!!!!! tears came to my eyes as a chuckled. Clemmon would have been so proud. I prayed and thanked god, not only for my deer, but for the privilage of knowing clemmon, and most of all, for saving my soul.

Here are some pics, hes a very small deer, but just what Clemmon always wanted!!! I was using the PSE Woodsman i just got yesterday, #55, Easton Maxums, and 2 blade magnus broadheads. Sorry for the long post but i hope you enjoy!!!!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Death from Above!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
Would someone mind posting them for me? i cant figure it out!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
Good Story.  

No doubt you were not alone!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Very moving.  It seems that God is giving you a shove well on your way to peace.  God Bless
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline breacher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Im sorry for your loss. A very special story and I guarantee you Clemmon was watching you the entire time!

Breacher

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
It`s an honor to be able to read your story, and that you would share it.

Good men are hard to lose, but they leave so much behind. Carry on my friend...just as Clemmon would want.

Happy hunting  :campfire:

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
your a lucky man

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and and all his other friends and family members. Sounds like he  was a fine man to know, you were blessed to have him for a friend. He will always be with you in spirit and memories. We are never ready to lose someone we care deeply about but we know he is in a better place. Happy you got the deer for him too.
bolong

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing something so personal with us.   :pray:  

If you email me the pics I'll get them up for you.

[email protected]
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline customcrester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing with us and Honoring your friend,well done!
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
You are blessed to have known Clemmon.  He will obviously be a part of you for the rest of your life.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bobhat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  This was a great post.
Toelke Whip
Assenheimer Hunter Deluxe
"We don't stop playing because we are old.  We are old because we stop playing."  Ben Franklin

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
he will be with you every time you step into your stand.we all need people in our lives like clemmon.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Here's Dalton's pics. Nice Buck Dalton. Well Done!! I really like that quiver too.

"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Very good story   Thank you

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
Dalton,
  Grandpa Clemmon has got to be proud of the man you have become and I know it hurts you to not see him in person but by the way it sounds to me He has introduced you to more then just hunting ...He planted and watered a seed in you and watched it grow..I can tell by this man he made reservations for the life after here on earth...I pray you can help reach another person in your life like Grandpa Clemmons has helped in reaching you...That was a great ending with the button buck and you will always hold on to that throughout your life..I'm sorry to hear of the loss of a dear friend but you will see him again by what I've read here tonight...God Bless, Keefer's <")))><

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Well done Dalton ... Well done, thats probably what Mr Clemmon heard today also.
God bless
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Well done my friend.Things work in mysterious ways,more than we'll ever know.All the best.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©