3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FUNNY hunting Video  (Read 924 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FUNNY hunting Video
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
:deadhorse:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
When I was a kid my grandfather would make armadillo sausage out of them. Not bad tasting either. I do agree that it shouldn't be titled "funny hunting video" though. Just my opinion.
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
I've been hunting since I was 5 and I'm 60 now and my point is that killing, for killing sake, is morally wrong and I make it a point to not kill an animal for the sake of checking my skill because that can easily be done with a target.

All through my years I've known that what I do as a hunter and fisherman is deeply embedded in my psyche, personality and soul and as happy as I always am to come home with fish and game I've never thought that killing them was funny.    If I told you that I didn't enjoy blood sports I'd be lying, but funny....nope.  

And i agree with you PapaBear.   Great point and well said.

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
Rolltide, you seem to have problems stating all of your opinions in one post.   Did you play football for Ole Miss....lol

Relax and don't get me wrong.  I understand pest control and predator control and I don't have any problem with it.   My facts are also "straight" so presumably we don't have any argument.   Young kids need to be given direction and others need to pay attention in English.

And finally, no, I don't eat coyote.   Do you?

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
good shot young man, enjoyed the video. i dont always eat what i kill... God put us in control of the animals, birds and fish on this earth for food, clothing and to keep balances in check. and we as hunter do this with pride not only for our enjoyment but for food and clothing. Our states implament hunting season to keep these balances in check. through sate and government we get to hunt as a privlage, not a rite. and to take an animal in season by legal means i hope you dont feel affended by other who judge you. you dont have to explaine yourself. but in my wisdome(lol be careful what you post. good luck in filming your hunts!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
It is pest control.  I don't eat wood chucks, gophers, mice, skunks, coyotes, feral cats or a few other things that dig up my place or try to eat the chickens.  

I don't think the intent was that killing it was funny.  He was just using a little humor in general about an obviously infestation level animal being not that.  I see the difference, but would not have posted it for obvious reasons.  What if he shot a spike and did a video making out like it was the new Tennessee state record?  Wouldn't he possibly be very happy with something he was going to eat, but just having a little fun about the size of the trophy?

Nice shot.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline BrianP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
staight...

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Good job. I too live in the armidilla nightmare. They root up everything and are not a native species.If they go unchecked they tear our low land creeks up . It looks like pigs have been through there.I shoot everyone I see and don`t eat them . They don`t have a "closed" season here in Ga. same as a coyote and I surely would not eat one of those.
  When gophers are wearing out your pasture you shoot`em. when carp are taking over your lake you shoot`em. when dillas are ruining your land in the south....you shoot`em. Godd job young feller.RC

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
I didn't take the video as he was making "fun" of killing something but rather just being "funny" with the comical interview pre and post kill.

A buddy and I were shooting video of us killing carp last season and after one kill my buddy went into a speech about having that particular carp scouted out and trail cam pix etc. etc. Is it a funny video....yes! Are we making fun of killing the carp.....definitely not!

Not all kills have to be legitimized with eating the animal. (gophers, carp, coyotes...etc) Myself, I was unaware of the population control issues of armadillos and the video was legitimized with the explanation...then I appreciated the humor!

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Nice shot !

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Sometimes people forget their morals are their morals, and that it's not nice to demean others.

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
Good shot!   Groundhogs are treated the same way on our family farm in West Virginia.   Although I do catfish with the livers, the real benefit of the kill is decreasing the potential of messing up the front end of my tractor in the hayfield by eliminating a known culprit (My grandfather busted the front end up of a IH Super "C" years ago due to their handiwork)!   Keep up the good work eliminating pest species!   Armadillos are a known carrier of disease...   Even worse if undercooked!        Google it fellas!   Constructive criticism is good from this site... We are all hunters but we are all from different backgrounds...   Each of us has a different perception of what "humors" us...
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
Not to change the subject but ground hog/whistle pig/woodchuck is  a fine meal.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Nice shot & very nicely filmed!
I think a lot of folks just need to un-bunch their overly tight panties.

p.s. Armadiller tastes about like Owl  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
wow do i feel stupid for not realizing what you were trying to do with the video.please accept my apology if i offended you in any way budd.now that i look at it from that angle it is clear and i am man enough to say i was wrong.i think my punishment should be a free bear hunt with manitoba   :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:  i humbly await my punishment.  :pray:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
nice shootin
great spoof on the commercial huntin shows

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
Com'on guys, are you serious!  It's dang armadillo! Do you have any idea how destructive they are?

Some people unfortunately "speak" without knowing anything about what they are trying to be critical of!

That was a cool video, and yes I did find your pre and post shot interview FUNNY!

Good shot and please keep up the good work on your videos and threads.

The world could use more young hunters like yourself!

So far you've done nothing but impress me with your hunts, videos, and threads...keep it up young man      :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
i enjoyed the video. and the shot was great too.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
WOW...I can see and understand everyone's point of view here.

I am not going to get into the video discussion but will tell those of you who do not live down South that Armadillo's are an evasive species that do more harm than good and need to be controlled.

Instead of belittling this young man publicly use some tact and PM him on your position.

It is too easy for some you sit on your butts behind a computer and shoot your mouth off without thinking.

In other words stating your opinion in a public form in a tactful professional manner would go a lot further than the bantering and belittling.

As far as referring to age even older folks can learn new things from younger people. Statements like in all my years is narrow minded IMO...how do you know you have not been doing it wrong all these years?

Sorry for the rant but some of the stuff in this one got to me.

Feel free to PM me and I will pass on some of my limited wisdom to you and maybe you will learn something from a middle age buck. It took me the better part of 30 years to learn what little tact I have and I work on it everyday...some of you need to consider doing the same.

C

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
By the way enjoyed the video and great shot   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©