3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: rut progress in ne kansas  (Read 229 times)

Offline jelepley

• Trad Bowhunter
rut progress in ne kansas
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
i'm headed to kansas sunday and i was wondering how the rut is going.i going near marysville and was wondering if any chasing is going on yet.thanks,john

Offline Kip l Hoffman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: rut progress in ne kansas
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
john,
I am down by manhattan and just this past week the scraps started showing up like crazy.  I haven't seen any chasing yet.  But the bucks have started showing up at my feeders in the day light hours.  Good luck up your way, there is some darned good country up there.

Kip

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I'm in eastern Kansas and am finding very few scrapes and rubs.My camera is still showing most buck activity from 10 pm to 6 am. I've been out quite a bit since Oct. first (22 times). I've seen a few bucks,but mostly before good shooting light. The does are sporatic at best and still have this years fawns with them. That said they should be cranking up soon. Unlike years past they never got active in October (28 days before the main rut).
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
No solid action yet from central KS. A few knothead scrapes. I watched a couple young bucks pestering does on saturday evening. Good luck. I drive up to Nebraska occasionally and love that country up there, enjoy!!!
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »
I will have to keep my eye on this one. I hunt FT Riley mostly when I am there. I cant believe that they are not running hard yet. I bet some doe pee would bring in one or two. I have seen them chase earlier than this there. Oh well Good luck all.

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »
here in central where im at they are slow very slow but starting to move i think two more weeks and we'll be on here

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
Things are looking good and right on schedule in my part of Eastern Kansas. The young bucks are chasing a few does around feeling there testosterone causing a lot of road kills in the last week.

Some of the bigger bucks are starting to show up on are cams and with injury's and blood on them from fighting so it's a great time for rattling.

Heres a nice 9pt with a swollen neck!

Another view and you can see a big gash in his neck!

This is sweet sixteen and his neck is geting there too.

He also has a large injury and blood up between his shoulder blades.

The scrape activity couldn't be any better, Here's a big 11pt maybe a 12pt.

Another view of him.

Get out there guys things are getting good. Just moved the cams up into the woods and should get some better picks soon.

Good luck and shoot strait   :archer2:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Well Guys:  Heading up to Kansas today myself.  Been keeping up with all the pics that Tracy has posted, sure gets you ready to go. Will be up about 10 days, weather looks really good, should be perfect.  I'll be hunting the western area around Hays, KS.  Good luck to all: Pick A Spot.
RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Tracy, I see your pics. are fitting the time period I described. Thats what I'm seeing nocturnal movement, not getting in the shooting light.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
I will post some daylight picks tonight Ben when I get home from hunting they just aren't the greatest so I didn't put them up to see.

Ha! One of them is a big ol buck walking right toward the stand I have been hunting at 9:30 am while I was tailgaiting at the Chiefs game...Lol!

Good luck this weekend Roy and everybody else.   :thumbsup:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Starting to see them along the road on my way to work in the early morning.Saw a nice 6 point following a doe Tuesday AM. A friend of mine got a nice buck last Saturday that was with some does and smaller bucks.I havn't had the time to get out hunting yet myself...  :(  
I'm north of Tracy and SE of Marysville so you should see some activity.
Good hunting...

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Ok, Get out there Kansas guys!! Incredibly hunt tonight with everything a person could ask for in a hunt well almost, No kill but very close and I passed several does up.

They were chasing and running around everywere grunting. I called one big guy in but he kinda caught my wind at 15yds and didn't like it but went around me and started chasing some does again.

Non-stop action all night, I have the next 3 days off so it should be good and I will see if I can get some good picks for ya.

Get out there Paul and good luck buddy.

Tracy

Offline jelepley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
thanks everyone.looks like my timing should be good.john

Offline Jimscol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
I'm heading there tomorrow from Colorado. It looks like we will be hitting it at about the right time.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
Good hunting Tracy...  :thumbsup:  

Alas,my only day off this week is Sunday but hope to get to my new spot and do some scouting/hunting then.
Paul

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
go get em Tracy!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
I was out this morning at Hillsdale and called in a really nice 8 ptr, but was not able to get a shot. He would not come out of the thick brush. I will be out again in the moring. I am seeing alot of rubs and scrapes, but not alot of deer movement.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©