3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A one bow guy or gal?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A one bow guy or gal?
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
No way can I get by with just one bow.  Wish I could but I can't (or don't want to....not sure which).    :archer2:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »
Heresy!

Actually, I've been shooting only my #45 Martin Howatt Hunter for the past year and I think the only thing I'll replace it with is a self bow I hope to make this winter.

Offline barredfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »
I have two Rose Oak King Panthers that are within 1 pound of each other.  That's it, the rest are gone.  Think my shooting has improved a bunch too, but that's just me.  Narrowed down my arrow choices a bunch too.

Jerry

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
I've been thinking of ordering a t/d longbow for spring turks.  TP's longbow is so nice I bet he could put together a great t/d for me.  Wait a second, I have a Sapphire Hawk I haven't looked at since Septmber.  Its still rolled up in the case from my trip to Ray's.  Should I sell my Massie to help finance a new one, I hardly touch it?

Obvoiusly no, and I've tried.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
I only own one "good" bow at a time. I do trade/sell often though. I have an old beater for back up that is always around if needed. My recently aquired Robertson Fatal Styk may be around for a while, heckuva bow. A wise man onmce told me to stick with one bow and your shooting will improve, Im slowly proving him right to myself......LOL!

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
My plan after being on here for a bit and seeing all the great bows people are/were getting was to have a "stable" full. However now my thoughts are to having two only. Maybe not the two I now have, but one LB and one recurve. Well I may have my LB for good - Mowhawk 66" 54#@28. I sure like that one and haven't seen one to beat it. For now. Even with a really good picture, I find a big difference holding one than looking at it.
My recurve is a Chekmate Falcon 60" 54#@28 that is undergoing some handle work to fit better. It may move on, but for now my focus is to learn about my arrows. Rob S. told me it's all about the arrow. So I want to put my money into that part of the thing and see if I can get these two shooting right. Maybe a new Zipper or Stalker or Tall Tines or...
Shorter answer - No.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Paul Daellenbach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
I have a couple of other bows hanging around but the only one I shoot all the time is my pronghorn. I've been shooting this for about 10yrs? And I think
 the only other bow I would shoot would be another pronghorn. This bow fits me like my beautiful wife of 27yrs

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Not me, but I am thinking of going to just one recurve and one longbow.  Actually, I only have one longbow, a Don Dow that I just bought.  It's the only longbow I have been able to get comfortable with.  I would like to try a Beeler, though.  As far as recurves, I only shoot one (BW PTF).  The others are great bows (another BW, Greyling Bear SK, McCollough 59'er, Quinn, Hoyt, etc.) but they sit on the rack.  They are too nice not to shoot.  I am giving one to my brother if he wants to continue to shoot.  The others? I dunno!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
I have only two bows now. Both Blacktails take downs. I'd like to get a third Blacktai, a one piece Blacktail. But, I can't justify it. The old; "I want it, but I really don't need it" syndrome.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline BFinegan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
I have 2 bows but focus on shooting only one. I don't switch back and forth. Purchased the second bow thinking I might want 64' vs 62". Shot the 64" for a season and shot it well but, went back to the 62". Knowing this, my next bow will a "custom" built to my spec.

I'd rather shoot one good bow very well.
"Ships in Harbor are safe, but that is not what Ships were made for"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Really admire anyone disciplined & confident enough to own 1 bow for everything. That wouldn't be me.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
I'm a one bow man, except for the bow I use for bowfishing(Browning Wasp). Everything else, I do with my Predator takedown. Specs in my signature below.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
I`ve been shooting the same one since August..does that count?RC

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
BW PSR is basically all I have shot for the last 4 years.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
I know I would probably shoot better if I stayed with one bow but I can't. No will power. I sometimes take 2 or 3 out in the backyard to shoot at a time.
 I'm a bowaholic!

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
When i started this post I was pretty sure most people had several bows, I too feel somewhat guilty about not shooting a particular bow, thats why i sold my beloved silvertip at denton hill this year. I shouldn't feel guilt at all, bows don't have feelings, and I think i'm getting to the age (41) that I don't need it all anymore.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
I've been shooting my new Brackenbury pretty exclusively since I got it last winter. It's hard for me to stick with one bow and I know I shouldn't be messing around during bowseason, but I couldn't take it anymore. This morning I strung up the Abbott longbow and got it out of my system! Man, did that feel great!

I followed up with a big practice session with the Brack so I would be good to go on tomorrow evening's hunt.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
I have ONE ! Bow Maker ! (Chad Holm )

But I have 3 of his Bows !

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
i shoot one at a time.  :D    :readit:    :D
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
i really only hunt with the same style bow . Thats why I have 6 bows ... matching specs , different makers .
Hill style 68" 52# @ 27"

so does that count ? lol
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©