3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: endless string?  (Read 484 times)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
endless string?
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
Where can I purchase a B50 endless string? Flemish are wearing out too fast on the upper loop,ie getting frayed quickly. Checked the limb and no sharp edges etc to cause it that I can find. HELP!

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: endless string?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »
Rob Stefino here on Tradgang is reported to make nice ones, hes a administrator I believe.....
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
3 Rivers has them.

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Danny,
Chad Renfrow at Primetime Strings makes the best that I've seen. JC swears by them and he will make a truely "custom" string. Measuring instructions are on his website.
Bob
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
I don't think Rob makes strings for sale anymore...when he did they were certainly fine ones.

I don't have any of Chad's endless loop strings but his flemish TS+ strings are on my bows now. Great workmanship and he will build it to the exact length you want, exact diameter, length  and placement of serving, loop size, strand count etc from just about any material available. He does specialize in endless though so I'm sure his endless are as good if not better than his flemish.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Trad2DaBone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
I'm not a pro Danny but I'll make you a string. Send me specs on what you want. strand count, lenght, loop size, and color, if i have the color you want.
Larru
[email protected]
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
Danny:
If your loop is fraying prematuraly there is something wrong! it might be a overlay seperating that is only noticable at full draw. Check it very close with a magnifying glass.Clean the string grooves real well with a Q-tip and alcohol
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
PRIMETIME STRINGS....BEST ENDLESS LOOP I HAVE SEEN IN AWHILE....HE HAS A WEBSITE AND CHAD A GREAT GUY...CHECK EM OUT!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
A agree with Bob--there's something amiss.  An endless string served with a tough serving might last a little longer, but if the bow is wearing out one it will wear out the other.

FWIW, I make endless strings also, just don't advertise them because I get very few requests.

Chad

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Bob and Chad,

It is not the string groove that is causing it. I checked it real well and there is nothing there. It appears to be happening as I string and unstring the bow. There is no seperations or cracks or splinters. The edges feel a little sharper than my other bows but not enough that it should cause fraying. The bow is a Shafer Silvertip, maybe I will email Dave and see if I can send it in for inspection, but I have checked the limb with a magnifying glass and can find nothing wrong and it shoots like a dream. Just thinking that with the serving on the loops that it might be best to go with an endless loop string.

Danny

Danny

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Could be a tiny rough spot on the edge of the limb--doesn't take much.  I saw a recurve cut a loop in just a few shots, and the rough spot was almost undetecable to the naked eye.

I'd send it to have it checked--like I said, an endless string might last a little longer if the loops are served with a very tough material, but whatever is wearing out the flemish will wear out an endless also.

Chad

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks Chad, I emailed Dave and asked if I could send the bow in for inspection. I love this bow and do not want to take a chance of having the string break while shooting and breaking the bow. There has got to be something wrong. Put a brandnew string on yesterday and just from stringing and unstringing it a few times to keep the brace at 7 1/2" while streaching in the string I already see some fraying and the string I took off was only on the bow around a month. They are B50 but I did not think it was that easy to abrade.

Danny

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Try waxing the limb down real well Danny and see if that puts an end to it. You might fill in the tiny spot doing it and know for sure then.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
wax, like Vermonster said; or a cottonball lightly over the edges. any edge will pull out the fibers. you might even have someone else rub the edges while you draw.... just some thoughts.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©