3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eye contact w/ deer  (Read 756 times)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eye contact w/ deer
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
I watched a doe's shoulder as she walked up to 6" from me.  No problem.  As I wanted her to leave so that the buck that had been murdering my walnut tree could step up, I just raised my eyes to her eyes.  Poof, she was gone.  The other deer in the yard just looked at her like she was nuts and kept right on browsing.  I'm a definite believer in no eye contact.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
I don't know if its 6th sense, or if they see eyeballs and recognize them for what they are. I have had a lot of close in deer and find that if I partially close my eyes, I don't get busted nearly as often. You can still see the deer and set up your shot, then of course open your eyes fully and pick a spot.
Sam

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Semo...I still havent found it yet.This newsletter for the UBM was in 93' and you got 6 a year.I found 2 of them but so far not the 1 with the article.There are guys on trad gang that are on the board of the UBM and I know 1 personally so I'm hoping 1 of them will chime in.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©