3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hammerhead Shooters, I need a Lil help  (Read 157 times)

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
Hammerhead Shooters, I need a Lil help
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey Gang,here's my question. First, I have 2 Toelke Bows, a Regular Recurve and a Chinook. Both are 56#'s Bows with 28"Draw. I have been shooting AD Hammerheads with standard inserts and 200grn Tips. Now, I want to use them from both Bows, should I cut them back or leave them full length (32.5") ?? Anyone shooting a similar setup ? Anyway, Thanks for any advice. Tu Compadres, Suty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hammerhead Shooters, I need a Lil help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
I shoot the hammerhead lites from my ACS longbows. One in #39, #45, and #50. no change in tip weight or length was needed. I have a 28" draw and I shoot them full length as well. I found that I could shoot anywhere from 150-200gr tip, all with similar results. Very forgiving shaft.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »
Thanks ZMonster, a appreciate your advice. Although my are not "Lites" they seem to be very forgiving. Tu Compadre de Tejas, Suty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
I shoot hammers from my 55# long bow. I have them cut to 30" with 100gr brass inserts. Doesn't matter if I shoot a 125 gr magnus or a 265gr tusker, only difference is the distance they start to drop.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
I am shooting HH lites. I cut to my length, standard inserts and let 'em fly. Usually shooting 175gr out of most of my bows (#47-#54).  I may increase to 200-225gr for my #58-#60 bows.

I like always shooting the same length shaft.  Keeps my sight picture consistent...always the same.   Then I'll adjust FP/BH weight to make'em fly well.  Nice thing about ADs... you usually dont have to adjust unless there is a significant difference in bow weight or center cut i.e. a past center Black Widow vs a no where near center long bow.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©