3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: broketooth gets a doe  (Read 479 times)

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
broketooth gets a doe
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
i let the arrow fly and shot a big carolina doe!woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!thanks to my freinds don batten " batman" and his son william. also thanks to chip cons labrador for pickin up the blood trail where we couldnt find it. details and pics tomorrow. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: broketooth gets a doe
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Great work!  Look forward to the pic's  Congrats
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Great Job Ruddy, Send me a photo for the trophy room page. Hoot

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »
Rudy called me last night right after he had arrowed his doe (and was waiting for Don to bring his big lab out to the site), and then again (shortly) after they found his trophy. He was so excited both times that he hardly could breath correctly. Bless your heart, Rudy, you've really worked hard for it and deserve to connect. I'm truly delighted for you. Looking forward to the "written" story.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »
i had givin don a call the other day to tell him about some of the things that ive seen in the woods. during the conversation ,don had invited me to come back and hunt the same stand i had hunted a week ago.i didn't hesitate on the offer, i was as good as there.i got in the stand yesterdayat 2:30. i got all settled in for the afternoone sit, pulled my camera out to take pics of the veiw from the tree stand. this area is trully beautiful to look at.started to take pics and my batteries died, not good but oh well.i sat and watched the squirrels for a while.it was a comical sight the sun was starting to go down behind the trees, and i thought to myself " if you're gonna be ready , be ready now " so i stood up and got bow in hand. its a good thing i did this, not but a few minutes later, here come the deer. i saw these same 3 does i saw last week, i had missed a shot at one and really didnt want a repeat performance. the 2 smaller does headed in first, almost to the same spot as last week. well the biggest doe made her way in front of the other 2 and stopped in front of my stand. " no mistakes this time" . i said to myself as i got ready for the shot. this time the big doe is my target, bow up, coming to full draw, i bent at the and with a soft thump i let the magnus tipped beman fly. thwack !!!!!!! she jumped straight up, when she landed she hit the ground on her side, scramled to get to her feet and took off like a rocket. i stood in shock for a minute, remembering the look of my bright yellow fletching sticking out of her side. i imediatly texted don that i shot a doe. he asked me how the shot looked,i told him it looked a little back from where i wanted to hit her. he told me to come back to the house so i did. when i got back to the house. when i saw don he said " i'll bet you need a cigarette, dont ya" man i jumped up and down . " i shot the deer! i shot the deer! i shot the deer! we had to get flash lights and batteries for the camera so we ate up an hour to give her time to expire. don , dons son william, and i headed to the spot. i showed don where the deer was when i shot her and what she did and where she headed when she got up this is what we found where i shot her we started in the direction the doe went looking for mor blood i started to wonder about the arrow, thats when william found it more to come!!

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
Oh yeah, this is gonna be good! I'm very happy for ya, Ruddy! Can't wait to see more pics when I get home from work tonight. Looks great so far, though.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
:campfire:
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
well to continue, don had been marking all the spots where we found blood on his gps as insurance to find this doe,just in case we didnt find her that evening. then we found this we all continued looking ,but i have to say william and don have some sharp eyes finding blood in the dark!don was keeping track of how far we had gone tracking the doe and the blood was starting to be really sparce. the trail had lead us close to the creek. "ruddy , sit tight, im goin to get chip and the 4 wheeler. we'll find this doe" and with that don and william went back to the house. thats when i called bernie to tell him about it.shortly after don returned with chip to find the doe . chip came up to me to say hi waggin his tail and i let him sniff the arrow. " chip, find the deer!" don said and with that don and chip were off into the low layin water filled spots to find this doe. don had put hip waders on! i learned a lesson here get rubber boots!!!!! don found  the doe about 20 yrds from where we last saw blood. "come here and look" don called out. " how deep is that?" i asked.  "who gives a s***, come here!!" and this is where she lay chip did good finding the deer and don gave him much praise. i got wet and we found the doe . got her back to dons to get her prepped for the cooler. i wasnt alone on this hunt. many thanks to don and william for their  genourosity and skill  with the many aspects of tracking , and dressing out the deer. thanks bernie for the conversation and just bein there. thanks to chip and tiny for comin out to find a doe. and a special thanks to john dill of aneewakee archery for letting me shoot his personal addiction bow!

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Well done sir!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
Nice work.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Benner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Good job.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Sounds like a great time. Congrats  :thumbsup:

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
congrads cool story

Offline Airborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Great Job!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Well Done!!   :thumbsup:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Great pics, great report (I could feel your excitement all over again), great hunt, great recovery (thank you, "Chip" - LOL). I've hunted the same spot (and will again - Don just called me - LOL) so I could really relate. I'm so pleased for you, Rudy - Ya done good, buddy.

(Heck of a note when the dog is the "purtiest" one in the picture, ain't it? - Oh - well, purty doe too -     :D  )

Glad to see you blooded that Anneewakee Addiction Bow too, Rudy - hoping to do the same with mine before the season is over.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
way to go broketooth!!  Congrats to you.
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
You're lucky that she didn't sink.   It's not unusual for a mortally wounded deer tol hit the water, fill up and go under.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Congrats on a fine deer.  :thumbsup:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
I don't believe the water right there is that deep (though the creek itself is in places) - it's just still flooded from all the rain we had a week or so ago.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©