3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: if you could move  (Read 1321 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
if you could move
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
curious to see where a lot of people would move to if they had the chance and how much does your traditional shooting play in such a move? myself..i think i'd like to move to kansas and try for a big buck.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: if you could move
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
I like it right here in Oklahoma.  Great deer hunting, turkey, antelope, bear, elk, pheasant, quail, coyotes, bobcats....and really nice people.  I can't think of anywhere else I'd like to live although I do love visiting lots of places...and thinking Alaska next.
2 Timothy 2:2

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
my son just left fort sill today.comin home after my grandaughters momma just made it through boot camp.now shes off to south carolina or north carolina (i forgot allready)for AIT...he told me the people there in lawton are very hospitable.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Colorado for the elk. Alaska next.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
There's a lot of places I would like to visit (to hunt).  

I like the friends I have made here in NY and the different opportunities available. I wish the deer herd was bit larger, but there is great fishing and beautiful landscapes  not to mention Great traditions and history.  

With that being said, one day I would like to move back to WI for family reasons.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
I would move closer to where I hunt, but that's still in Iowa. I don't think I'd have a prayer of getting the wife any farther from the grandkids than we already are.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
Manhattan!!! I hear the party scene is awesome and Id be closer to the Bronx Zoo, Im contemplating a hunt there the way my season is going.

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
Australia.....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Some place where they manage the deer herd and natural resources the right way......At some point I'll move south to be near my daughter,maybe western North Carolina or southwestern Virginia.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Australia, or New Zealand.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
Missouri Hands down
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
hahahahaaha izzy....bronx zoo.  :laughing:    :archer2:    :deadhorse:

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
I think I'd move to Montana. I always told my wife that we were going to move to Montana someday and live in the unabombers shack. Then she showed me a picture of them hauling it away on a truck and said good thing you weren't in it ALONE!! LOL
GLENN

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Somewere on the  upper great lakes, or coastal Alaska. Bowhunting in the fall and winter, sailing big water spring and summer. And not too many people!
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I could not imagine not living with in "bugg'n" distance of at least one of my two children and my grandsons. Kentucky is just fine with me but if son and daughter (she's in England) wanted to uproot and go west (Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Montana...) My wife and I would be right behind them.

I've lived and hunted in Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, and now Kentucky. I have to say, Kansas was the worst 3 years of deer hunting since I started back in 1969.  I know, that's weird but my area was totally leased up and the herd hammered due to rancher complaints (north of Wichita).

I reckon I'll be parked in Kentucky for the remainder. My daughter will likely settle in the pacific NW in 1.5-2 years which will cause us to make a decision. If I don't move I reckon she'll have to put up with me a couple weeks each September.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by ron w:
Some place where they manage the deer herd and natural resources the right way......
Good luck in your search Ron.   :readit:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
If I can't move to Manhattan with Izzy, I guess I'll have to stay right here in Wyoming.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline rambo1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
home where I love but if I had to move Id def move to Montana or Alaska
Black widow 2007 PSR 2 T/D recurve 60" 48#@28"
Bear kodiak hunter 1pc. 50x#@28" 60" style recurve
Kota Prairie Swift 1pc. 53#@28" 60"
Samick Leopard recurve T/D 50#@28" 60"

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
Hey Izzy, you would have to hunt, just to get to the Bronx Zoo, but that was a good one, LOL.

Kansas is nice but like Missouri it gets too many twisters, Alaska I imagine would be great, at least up until the ground starts to shake, Montana beautiful to say the least, that is the western half but unfortunately no ocean, now the upper great lakes, lets see, beautiful, good hunting, sort of has it's own ocean, good fishing in summer and winter, but bad cold winters and less people around, this sounds like the place !

This might sound funny but N.J. would be a pretty good place, if it weren't so corrupt and polluted and crowded, and expensive, Oh and lets not forget about the great firearm laws they have here. Oh yeah, and the stinken liberals.

I would love upstate N.Y. but the gun laws suck just like N.J.

I'll buy a camper and just travel to where I want to live for that season.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
I moved to Wyoming about 19 years ago from Nebraska. I was 22 or 23 at the time. I really got bored with whitetails and turkeys. Now I have many species of big game to hunt, and love it. Very quiet here, not even a stoplight in the small town I live in. Almost half the state is public land, and a small population of around 500,000 people statewide is really sweet. I wouldn't change a thing, I love where I live right now. I feel sorry for you guys back east.

If you are young, love to hunt, not tied down to some sweet thing, head west!

PS: I was tied down to a sweet Nebraska gal, but left her for Wyo, best thing I ever done.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©