3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: question for those who wear glasses?  (Read 612 times)

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: question for those who wear glasses?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
The brimmed hat helps and while looking at the deer tucking in your chin and looking thru the top part of the lens, angles the lens down so glare is not going to the deer, is helpful. After a while it comes natural to do this. Of course when shooting revert to your normal head position. I find this very helpful when hunting from a ground blind and the deer are CLOSE.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline DBinAlamo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
thanks for all the input and advice, very helpful...DB
A&H ACS 64" 50#@28" 3DH Riser.
Strive for excellence....  Not perfection.
"If your not working hard, someone else is" Dentler.

Offline Storkfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
I'm an optician and yup, Ragnarok has it correct. Ask your eyeglass supplier or your optometrist about an anti-reflective surface lens. I'm surprised more people don't wear them in the states as they help with ALL kinds of reflection. ie; computer glare, headlights at night etc. etc. As for the lasik thing, my brother-in-law had his lasik done specifically because he had to change his anchor to avoid hitting his glasses.

Offline Storkfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
Also, you really need a good set of high contrast polarized sunglasses too!  < Ok, my commercial is finished now>

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
I have the anti-reflective surface and seems to be working well not only for deer but the sharp-eyed turkey. When busted I just figure it could have been one of anything I done wrong.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »
I have always worn contacts when hunting, and this year when hunting with Ragnarok Forge I wore my glasses with anti reflective lenses. The results were great-better vision quality than contacts, eye protection going through dense brush, and no contacts to put in and out. Way better than I had expected.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 01:25:00 AM »
I only wear them to read, blind without them for stuff close up.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Been wearing glasses my whole life and right now have the anti-glare with the photo gray lenses that darken and lighten accordingly to the prevailing light. Work great for hunting and never have had issues with the bowstring. Of course with the way I shoot I can always find somethingt to blame it on.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »
I wear a hat with a brim, baseball or floppy style that doesn't interfere with the string

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
OK I do have a solution. My first problem was that I wear progressive lenses which is the trifocal with no lines. So as you move your head the focus changes. I have to look thru the top of the glasses to get the correct distance focus. Second issue is side vision. That gets nasty with normal glasses especially since they are much smaller today. Third is and can be reflection. I noticed that with riflescopes too. Most are coated today and that makes a big difference.

So I wear my shooting glasses hunting. One they are single vision - distance only so no matter how I look through them they work right. Second is they are curved for side vision and bigger than most glasses. The curve keeps them out of the string too. Third is they are anti glare coated and that takes the reflection out. Frames are black too. One additional feature is that they are amber colored which helps in low light situations and helps with sunlight too. If you're looking into sunrise, that can just blind you. Floppy brim helps here too.

As you can tell, I'm very happy with my shooting glasses on the range, and hunting bow or rifle. They protect your eyes too from twigs and stuff.

Hope this is helpful

sam

:bigsmyl:      :bigsmyl:      :bigsmyl:

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
I think I was busted from the sun reflection once last year.  I second the anti-relective coating and flopply brim hat (like a bonnie hat) but I think the best way (but not always possible) is to not let the sun be in front of you.  I always try to hunt with the sun behind me or at least to the side as much as possible.;
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©