3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: McAlester AAP 2010  (Read 120 times)

Offline artelkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
McAlester AAP 2010
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
The 2010 bow hunting at McAlester AAP came to a close Sunday. This is a hunt that just keeps getting better every year. There is not a bad place to hunt on the base. Divided up into three areas, they are all worthy of your best effort. Its been said the parking lot would be good in Nov. I saw that first hand this year. 3:30 in the afternoon Saturday we saw an eightpoint chase a doe across the entrance parking lot! The people that run it really make the differance. From the Land Mang Super Bill Story and the Biologist Brian Toby to the valunteers that do a super job they make it work. 300 plus hunters with traditional equipment hunting roughly 50 sq miles,a four day hunt. It is quite the task of organization. I hunted the Boggy area had a great hunt, missed a hog,top limb hit a branch. Had a peek a poo contest on the ground with a 140 class buck at 25 yrds.  Killed a doe which gets me in next year with a quaility pass. So all in all it was the next best thing, other than killing a good buck.  I dont know how many P & Y bucks were killed this weekend but when I left one about 167 was the best taken. Hats off to that little piece heaven for a bow hunter again.

"we were all told as little kids not to run with sharp sticks in our hand, Lord know we got plenty of sharp sticks around here this weekend."
Bill Story- McAlester AAP Nov 2010  :archer2:

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: McAlester AAP 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Congratulations on a great hunt. Maybe I'll be lucky on the draw next year.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©