3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what would you do  (Read 522 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what would you do
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
Guess I'm weird.  There is a saying "Ethical is doing what's right when no one else is looking."  I am not a subsistence hunter (I will not starve if I fail to kill a deer).  I would not hesitate to end the deer's misery, and then tag it.  Since when is it "necessary" to fill a buck tag??  I get 2 a year, most years I don't fill 1 (I can also shot does), never have I filled 2.  Does a "predator" take the healthiest or the weakest?  Usually, they will take the weakest, if it presents itself.  Are we not predators?
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
jcar315  where in the world did you hear or read i cut his head off. you need to re-read what i wrote, no one else out of 35 people read it that way. 1 or 2 people on here have tried to make it look like i'm a poacher, and uncaring. you don't know me so you have no idea how much i hated to put him down, i found no sick joy in it at all. this is the end of this story, seems to be getting out of hand. i simply wanted the opinions of so many people on here i respect.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »
I don't see any big deal with shooting him and leaving him (assuming he was truly suffering). I'm sure many will disagree. Oh well.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »
of all the places he could of ran he came back to you.what dose that tell ya.I dont even care about the game warden.you had a job to do at hand.If you put it out of pain an left it for foxes there is not a damn thing wrong with that why everyone feels the need to jump on the phone an get the warden involved all the time is beyond me.If you want it tag it.who would want a deer that is dead with no ovious wound?

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
time for a thread lock down ....... ?

threads like this are *always* gonna be controversial at best - there is no global "correct" answer to this topic.

as with everything in life, you make a personal decision based on who you are, what you stand for, and your personal ethics ... and just move on. as it appears was done here.  good.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©