3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bama Bows  (Read 958 times)

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bama Bows
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
I just got in from shooting mine, and it is Deadly quiet. You'll be happy when yours arrives.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Im confident I will be
*COMING SOON* Bama Hunter Longbow #53 @ 28"

2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Offline brotherjeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
One of the best bows i've ever shot was a bama, probably going to be my next bow...

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
Christmas cant get here fast enough! Prolly gonna go stumpin as soon as I open it! I'll most likely shoot it a week before I take it in the woods that way Im confident unless I just pick it up and can wack and stack!

2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »
I took mine with me to hook up with some friends for a day of shooting and I didn't hear even one negative comment about my Bama bow.

I am giving serious consideration to giving up all of my non-Hill style bows. At least then if I want to shoot several different bows they'll all have design in common.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »
I like R/D bows but also like Hill style bows, looks like Im goin in the direction of Hill style bows for the time being! If I love my Bama enough I'll just get a lighter and heavier version! That way I'll have like a #40, a #53, and prolly a #65-70.

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread. I have been trying to decide on my next bow and have been visiting Bama Bow website a lot. It looks like the decision has been made. That stained curley maple is beautiful!
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Hope you like it misfire! Cant wait for mine

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
For those of you that are apprehensive about buying a Bama Bow. I just have this to say.
I would compare Nates bows with any of the bigger names that I have owned including HH. Nate builds a superior product and should be charging far more than what he does. One day when his name gets bigger his prices will have to go up as all the big boys do. If you wait, you'll wish you hadn't.
If your really looking buy one now You won't regret it!

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Harold,

Actually, Nathan has gone up a little already. He used to sell the Hunter for onlt $279!!!! Can you believe it? Great bow at an incredible price.

I suggest we flood him with orders until he is a year out like the big boys. Buy 'em while they are cheap!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
This thread prompted me to pull my Hunter out the other evening. I'm ashamed to say I had ignored her for awhile as I've been distracted with my Big Jim's and Ambush Bow. I've been shooting her in the dark, with a flaslight pointed at my target. I'm starting to get used to shooting in the dark and it's helping me to concentrate on my spot, and anchor. I have a bad habit of flicking my vision back and forth between the arrow point and my spot. Shooting in the dark eliminates that. Anyway, I had forgoten how incredibly quiet the Hunter is, and I love quiet! I'm off tomorrow and will get to shoot her in daylight. I'm going to try her with some heavier arrows than I usually shoot.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
How much are they now Matt? I have two new guys that were shooting mine on Monday and asked me if I would find out.

Thanks in advance!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Mudd: They are $389 plus a $17 shipping charge so it winds up being $406...not bad at all

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
I talked to Nathan and he said he had to raise prices because woods went up, so obviously he still wants to make them for the right price!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
That's still great pricing, especially considering the outstanding quality. Even if you add $150 for the 2pc option, and I love mine, it still puts you at, or even below the starting point for most bows. The sleeve system he uses on his take-downs is great. It's fit perfectly and rock solid. Nate said it adds just a little weight to the riser and helps reduce the already low amount of shock/vibration. I picked-up some thick felt at Wally World and made a basic case that works well. Sure does make toting a long bow around a breeze. A 1pc just couldn't work for me.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
$406 for a bow that can shoot with the best, ya gotta love it!

(pssst, but I only paid $279 for mine)

Matt   :bigsmyl:
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
Matt,for the amount of lumber you need in a bow I'm surprised he didn't charge you double! Danny that is one nice looking bow.I really like the profile,it looks like it stores some power.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Done some testing on a buck my granddad killed this morning..I used my #47 recurve with a 2 blade 3 blade and 4 blade. I loved the 3 blade so thats what Im gonna shoot out of my Bama...thinkin bout the Magnus Snuffers.
My bows gonna be #53 so Im thinkin bout a 29" Easton Gamegetter 2117 w/ 400 spine 4" RW feathers and 150 grn Magnus Snuffer..whatcha think bout this arrow?

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
I love my Bama.  Always been a recurve guy and this was my first longbow.  Felt so comfortable with it this year that I used it as my primary for my elk hunt and killed a big bull with it ...Shawn

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
RusD: You never told us if you liked your bow or posted pictures!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Matt O and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©