3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: $1000.00 a year archery allowance  (Read 764 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: $1000.00 a year archery allowance
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »
It is all relative to what you can afford and your other needs.  My wife will not spend a dime on herself for something.  I have to practically force her to get something for herself.  With that in mind, I wouldn't spend $1000 a year of household money on archery stuff.  A grand a year is not bad for a limit at all.  Plenty of bows out there for way less than that used in like new condition.  I mostly sold off stuff I had like some guns and stuff I didn't use much to get trad archery stuff.  I have three bows and have had about 20 the last couple years and didn't spend anywhere near $1000 of household funds on it.

She didn't say all hunting did she?  A lot of stuff for hunting is really not necessary archery items.  

Now does this yearly limit start January 1?  There could be time to stock up before the new rules take affect.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
These threads are always funny to me because everyone always responds based on their own financial picture.  A thousand dollars is nothing to some and everything to others.  I never respond because I never want to offend anyone unintentionally.

BUT>>>>>did you just say you don't have children or a mortgage?    :saywhat:    It's time to ask for a bigger allowance...  ;)
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
I think to live in a Land of freedom where my own wisdom and my incomes can dictate how much I can affort to spend for what I like.I haven't ever questioned my wife about her own money,nor I want her to controll my own.Some years $1000 were much more of what I needed some years I have spent that money Jan the 1st.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »
gregg dudley expressed my thoughts exactly.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Please post pics of bows, quiver, and arrows.   :thumbsup:
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Don't forget you can always put archery stuff on your birthday, Christmas, and anniversary gift list then take back all the junk you get and don't want to buy more archery stuff.  That can add up to a good little bonus to your spending limit.  That works for me.  I keep my catalogs marked up all the time.  My birthday and Christmas are coming soon.  I have my 3rivers and Kustom King catalogs all marked up.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Bent Rig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Really?? Are you kiddin ? I can't believe that was posted ! Wow !!!  :banghead:
Paul

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Just buying without regard to her is not gonna work.

Having said that, it needs to go both ways.  Does she have a 1000 dollar shoe allowance?  Hair care?  Manicures?  You get the point.

Wise man say, treat her like a thoroughbred and she won't be a nag.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
If I could spend a grand a yeAr on archery, I would be happy.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
Why tell her what you spend?

There's an old quote..."my biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid."
   :knothead:    :knothead:

Really honesty is the best policy.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jerry Jeffer:
If I could spend a grand a yeAr on archery, I would be happy.
I'd be grinnin all year.
People would think I'd lost it.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
Take the grand, once set up you are golden and its just toys after that. Then the grand will take care of you easy.
But if she's a great wife, and it sounds like she is, I'd take 500 of it and buy her a bunch of stuff. Or like somebody else said, give you both a grand. But both have to stick to it.
David M. Conroy

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
good god man!!!! i'd die if i was tapped out at a grand a year.i think i might go through that in a couple months.but my woman never told me how to spend my money either because we werent married.notice i said werent.that woman spent more on shopping than i ever dreamed on bows i tell ya,my money too.  :bigsmyl:   now i'm single again and once things get back to normal up in hea i'll be a bow buyin maniac again.   :D  ...a grand isnt to bad though.thats like a nice new bow every year buddy.pounce while the pouncin's good.you can build bows just keep tryin and one day it will just click.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
If thats your only vice then your set . . . it would be rough for alot of us if our better half said 1000 for our hobbies, heck that ain't even some good mudd tires . . .

I just don't have to worry about it at all cause I'm broke  :biglaugh:
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline Osage61

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
I think you're lucky. In October I was given notice of no more archery or camping equipment until March 2011. If I break arrows or rip a tent, too bad. No replacement buying until March. The decision is based on a single income with two handicapped children, and a mortgage as well as the other debts that go along for the ride    :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Pro Pelle Cutem"-HBC

Offline Encino Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
I'd feel like I hit the Lotto if I was able to spend $1000.00 a year. I currenty spend about a 1/3 of that.

But than again, I don't have the want-too's to have a new toy every six months. I'm a one bow, one gun type of guy and I like to build all the stuff I can for myself.
Fox Archery "Red Fox"
53# @ 28" 64" longbow
Browning "Safari II"
44# @ 28" 60" Recurve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
If I spend $500 a year I would be amazed.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
A grand is OK if you don't take a trip out of state, don't buy any equipment, hunt barefoot and naked, and if you manage to strangle something with your bare hands you will have to process the meat on your own, and dry it in the sun since you won't have a freezer.    :bigsmyl:

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
I actually surprised myself.  Looking back since I was 15 to present it comes out to a new bow, or new to me at least, every 4.5 years!

One great thing about archery is that it is scaleable.  You can make your own for free on up to paying through the nose for custom gear with loads of options in between.  

Used to be garage sales and pawn shops had recurves a plenty - now it's that *bay place.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
It seems to me that I have most everything I need now. However, the gas getting too and from hunting spots is a killer. If you add that into the budget, it would take 1/2 the allowance.
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©