3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reasons for disallowing bowhunting during deer gun seasons?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reasons for disallowing bowhunting during deer gun seasons?
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Guys, my fashion cop (wife) tells me its the direction the stripes are going.

Up and down stripes make this 5'6" archer look like he's 5'6.5". The horizontal stripes will get you an extension strap for your seat belt on Delta without even asking!

Sorry, I can't help this kind of thing when the read'n starts to get tense.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
"The horizontal stripes will get you an extension strap for your seat belt on Delta without even asking!"

AND a 2 person pat-down by the rubber glove guys...

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
The state of Missouri allows any legal method, including archery to be used during the firearms seasons. As long as the hunter orange requirement is adhered to and the proper firearm deer tag is used. You cannot bow hunt on an archery tag during rifle season, it must be a regular firearm tag, and then you can use anything from rifle to crossbow, and even an atlatl if that's your thing.

This is the way it should be in my opinion. As long as you purchase the proper tag, then why not let the person chose their weapon?
I'm all for it, and I personally know a few who do use archery tackle during firearm season, mainly because that's the peak of the rut and they don't want to miss out, or put their bow down to wait until the 11 day rifle season is over.....especially if you have that monster buck patterned down to a specific area and only need a bit more time to nail him.
After the initial 11 day firearm season, archery season picks right up immediately afterwards. Then continues right on through till Jan. 15th.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by LoweBow:
My question is....and hate to change the subject, but it kind of goes along w/ the orig converstation....

Do the states that DO NOT allow archery hunting during the firearms season allow small game, turkey, or waterfowl hunting during this same block of time????

That is a point of conversation I've had w/ friends and a few KDFWR employees in the past about hunter orange laws as waterfowl and small game hunters are not required to wear hunter orange, but can occupy the same land/water edge as rifle hunters and we seem to have no safety issues....
During the shot gun seasons in IL all the other seasons are put on hold. I always found that a strange law as well.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©