3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hog hunting near Corinth, MS  (Read 417 times)

Offline Nate N

• Trad Bowhunter
Hog hunting near Corinth, MS
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Hey guys my mom is moving to Corinth, MS in a few weeks and being the hunting opportunist that i am...I was wondering what kind of Hog hunting opportunities there are for public land hunting around that area.  Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Nate
Robertson Purist 62" 75#@28
OMP Adirondack Hunter Deluxe 68" 50 @ 28

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hog hunting near Corinth, MS
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
Nate, I don't have any first-hand experience, but I've heard that the management areas along the Tenn-Tom Waterway hold some hogs.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
Ok, I live here.  There are plenty of hogs around here.  I used to hunt the Tombigbee Waterway for Turkeys.  It's full of hogs if you don't mind walking.  You can only hunt them when another season is open I believe.  Check out the check station at Midway.  The gate just past the station will take you to some fine hog hunting if they haven't cut the numbers down.  Last time I talked to the warden, they were shooting them at night there were so many.  They were destroying all their foodplots.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
You should be so lucky.   Mississippi has some of the finest hunting ground on the earth.     Move there yourself if you can, slip quietly into the native life style and don't tell anymore people who live in PA.   Trust me on this.

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
I agree, but Corinth is about as far North before you hit Tennesse.  The best deer hunting is down south.  Our deer look like squirrels up here lol!  Hogs are just something else to shoot. Now Turkey hunting, well I will keep that one quiet  :goldtooth:
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline mississippidave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
Tallahala WMA near Forrest, MS.....loaded with em.  We've been hunting it all year!  It's awesome

Offline Nate N

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys
Robertson Purist 62" 75#@28
OMP Adirondack Hunter Deluxe 68" 50 @ 28

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
I have to agree with Spurs.  I grew up in the Jackson area and there are a lot of good deer all over that state.  Beautiful country up there, but I always kinda had it in my head that Corinth...like Memphis....was too far north for me.    Then I moved to Oklahoma...oh boy, talk about culture shock.

And before ya'll get started....no offense Okies.   I've been here longer than most of you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©