3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Signed a Contract..... Bob Lee Sticks - Your Thoughts?  (Read 782 times)

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Signed a Contract..... Bob Lee Sticks - Your Thoughts?
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
This post will not start off like you think it should, but I have been chewing tobacco for about 12 years now. (hence the name)

My wife offered me a "contract" to sign. It read, that if I quit chewing from July until December 31st, I would get $300 to put toward a bow of my choice. (I have to continue the "quit status" or else the bow has to go back up for sale)

Well I have since quit chewing, and December 31st is fast approaching. I also have a lump sum of money that I have been putting aside to add to the $300...

I will most likely be posting a "want to buy" post here on Tradgang for a Bob Lee Stick, but would like to get some feedback, thoughts, and opinions. Pictures of your Bob Lees are welcome too!

Also I have a 28.5" draw, do you think I could get away with a 58"? I shot a Kanati longbow that was 58" with little finger pinch.

Thanks guys!!!

Matt

Offline dposalski

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Signed a Contract..... Bob Lee Sticks - Your Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Congrats on your freedom from chewing tobacco. I wish you the best.
Custom BBO 50#
Samick Deer Master 50#
Browning Cobra 52#

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Thank you very much. It was a very hard couple of months so far. I am feeling good and I feel I can stay the course...

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Did you quit cold turkey?
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline stickytoes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
i feel your pain...i put it down july 1st.....wish you were left handed...i have a bob lee stick yhat will hit the market when i have enough posts..but it is a lefty..i love the bow but find myself reaching for the recurve more

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Good for you. I quit smoking over 30 years ago and gave myself a cedar strip canoe. You are a triple winner: bow, and freedom from addiction, and a happy wife!
I have shot a Bob Lee on several occasions and it is right at the very top of today's bows. Personally I would not go too short with any bow, 60-62" is optimal for your draw.

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
congrats on your stopping the chewing.i do not have any advice on your bow choice,but i do have this to say.i have the same deal going right now.i just quit smoking non-filtered camels.she let me buy a used black mountain sheepeater.my smokes where 7.20 a pack.thats alot of bow money.i have been not smoking for more than two weeks.it is very hard,but keep up the good work brother.you can do it for sure.it gets easier every day.just think of the money you will save,not to mention your health.i am very proud of you.good luck,steve  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline chuckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
i quit cold , 6yrs last march,tobbacco and alchohol, now i have more funds,for the good stuff,and family! congrats!  
     :clapper:  <><
2010 ASA  
TRADITIONAL
WORLD CHAMP

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
good for you.  Quiting that is.  I used to smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day, and drank atleast a pot of coffee with it.  I quit cold turkey on my birthday in 2001, and it is also the day I met my now wife.  For some reason I knew I was going to marry her the day I met her, she asked if I smoked because she couldn't date a smoker.  I told her I do not smoke, and haven't since that day.  I just started drinking coffee again this year, and in moderation (like everything for the most part), it is a good thing.

I can't answer your questions about the Bob Lee, for I have never shot one. But you are picking a great bow from what I hear everyone say about them.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the praise and support guys.

I did quit cold turkey, and in the past 12 years haven't went more than 3 days without Nicotine...

I would make excuses, make deals with myself, and do anything else to convince myself I needed it...

Amazing what a couple months of no Nicotine will do for your perspective on the whole tobacco thing... I don't think I'll touch it ever again!

Especially with a new Bob Lee to add to the collection!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
I can honestly say it was the worst fight I ever got into.  The one with myself.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline BBK41ND

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Congrates on dropping a bad habit.I quit smoking just over 14 years ago and have never regreted it!My wife never offered me money tho.As for Bob Lee bows ,You wont be disappointed because they are the BEST!I wish I knew how to post pics,I skinned My Bob Lee Classic longbow with Prairie Rattler skins that I gathered on a antelope hunt.
the older I get ,the better I was

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
July 2006 for me.  I do not even crave anymore, brother stick to it and the addictive thoughts will fade from you.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline BBK41ND

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
And I'm with Grapes!!!!
the older I get ,the better I was

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
I have chewed for about 35 years!  I quit chewing for about 7 years, and started back in 2006 like a big dummy!  I am rarely on stand without a big wad of chew.  

You go!  That new Bob Lee will be testimony to your dedication & be well deserved.  Your wife is obviously a jewel!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Online SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Good for you!!  :saywhat:
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Nicotine, whether from dipping, chewing or smoking is probably more addictive than heroin.   You'll do yourself and those you love a world of great goodness if you'll get rid of the tobacco and never look back.    Quitting is a mental thing and it's not quite so hard if you learn to look at its use as the most repulsive thing you can do.

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
9/10/2009 for me. Still get a very small craving once in a while but really think I got it beat this time.

Bisch

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
I stopped chewing Levi 2 yrs ago....after chewing for 30 yrs. Very hard...I really miss it when fishing and hunting. Stopped cold turkey....Good luck with your new bow choices...  :confused:    :p
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
Matt I quit all kinds of tabacco but really only smoked cig. 5 1/2 years ago.After 11 months I ordered a Bob Lee top of the line takedown with 3/sets of limbs.Still hunting with it and still have not had tabacco and will be 6 years in April.I call the bow Nosmo King.Good luck Kip

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©