3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How much do you shoot each week?  (Read 954 times)

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
How much do you shoot each week?
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
How many hours do you spend actually shooting in a typical week?
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How much do you shoot each week?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
I generally shoot often, but usually not real long.  15 - 20 minutes at a session is about normal.  If I make it to a shoot on a weekend then the total goes up.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
I could have picked two or three options depending on the time of the year. I shoot all year now which I didn't do before I got my Howard Hill Wesley Special but I like shooting it so much I can't hardly put it down.

Winter-early spring about 2-3 hours, late spring-early summer about 3-4 hours, and late summer-fall about 5-6 hours. I like shooting just to shoot but I do get more serious about it closer to hunting season.

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
50 arrows in the morning and 100 in the evening.
6 days a week.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
3 hours a day 3 days a week. and some time 5 days a week. depends on whats going on.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Every eve. except the 1 day a week I have to mow, trim, and weed-eat, that takes 4.5 hr. and I am to tired when I get done. The other 6 days 50 to 100 shots. And in the winter about 20 to 30 shots from the living room down the hall into the quest bedroom. Shoot till you get tired and quit or you will pick bad habits.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
try to shoot every day, this morin at 5:30 shot 3 arrows will shoot more tonight,

Still cant hit nothin
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
Usually shoot from about an hour every day.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
I guess my shooting time is pretty average. That is good. I was getting worried that I'm working way too hard at this for the little progress I seem to be making.  ;)

Maybe I should try shorter sessions, twice a day. It couldn't hurt me to fling a few in the morning in the back yard. I usually shoot 1.5-2 hour sessions about 4 times a week, sometimes more or less.

Carpshooter just gave me an idea. Of course, it will be a long time in the future, but if I ever make my dream of a custom home, a design feature will have to be a long hallway, preferably with a hearth or some other indestructible object at one end. (But maybe smarter [not necessarily more] practice, and I won't have to worry about missing by then.)
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
I probably shoot 4-5 days a week, for 45min to 1hr. Alot of my shooting on workdays is at night. I will shoot off my deck by porchlight. I use a white paper plate on my block style target and can see well enough to shoot out to about 20 yards. I also can use the night to shoot very close range to work on form and technique.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »
I shoot about 4 or 5 nights a week, I am very blessed as I have a 3D course in my back yard  ;)
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
I shoot daily on my lunch half hr which is more like 2-3 hrs a week but I put down 1-2

Thats right now it goes up when season gets closer or when I'm shootin a league.I also hit a few 3D's which isn,t part of the total.Technically your not shooting very much for the hr or so it takes to go a  3D course but if your shooting a 300 league or field archery the # of arrows goes up
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
I usually shoot from 30-50 arrows each night (averaging about 5 nights a week-I miss a couple nights every week for various committments and duties)

If I am "driving tacks" I shoot more because I am doing something right and want my body and mind to get used to whatever it is.

Shootin' arras is a great "release" (pun intended) from a sometimes stressful work day. I sometimes shoot bludgeons at aluminum cans when I really need to let it out with destructionism.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
I try to shoot every day-how long per session is the question. I listed 7-8 hrs per week, but sometimes it may be as little as 4-5 and others as much as 20-25 hrs.It depends on how I feel, what else I may have to do, etc. I let very few days go by without shooting at least a couple of flights.

Offline vermontrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
I just started this spring so I am fully immersed in the need to develop the skills and have been shooting a couple/few hours a day for the past month. I am sure it will decrease as I feel I am gettin' it more. Kinda like staying in shape, I guess,  easier to keep it than to get it, right now I'm trying to get it.
"Only a fool lean upon his own misunderstanding" -B.Marley

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
I shoot 2 to 3 times a week. On Wednesday evening and Saturday afternoon for ~2 hours.

V-Archer
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
At least 5 times usually 7 a week for 15 minutes or so.I work 3-11 so I have all day to shoot, when my neighbors not outside anyway.He retired and spends a good portion of his day sitting in a chair facing my yard.Sorry to hijack, Im venting.  :mad:    :banghead:    :mad:

Offline rybohunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
I try to get 30-45 minutes in 4-5 times a week.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
I try for quality practice and not quantity. I will shoot about 1/2 hr. three times a week. If I am trying to improve something, like back tension or anchor point, then I will spend all that time on that one thing.

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
I try to shoot every other day. Normally, two hours per each time out.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©