3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Special Edition Big Shot Gloves Available  (Read 228 times)

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Special Edition Big Shot Gloves Available
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Big Jim asked me to post this for him:

Guys- I have 20 of these special edition/ special price Buffalo Big Shot gloves.

Rather than the standard Elk, these are made of Buffalo hide and have the all leather finger stalls. The stalls are a little longer as requested and the nylon is on the inside with leather on the outside for an ultra slick release.

You can check them out on my website for pricing by clicking the link below...

Big Jim\\'s Special Edition - Big Shot Gloves  

I have been shooting one of these gloves for a month or so and absolutely love it. Once I broke the glove in, I was hooked. I had American Leathers make me a second and 20 more for resale.

thanks, Big Jim
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Special Edition Big Shot Gloves Available
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
Those look like nice gloves.
Why is the nylon on the inside?

What did you do to "break" it in?

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
Several years ago, I had American leathers special make me a glove with leather instead of the nylon. I had been shooting it that way for years. The new owner designed this and sent me one when I requested a new one built like my old.
this is slightly different than my old big shot, but I like it better. The longer stahls are perfect and the leather gives me a super smooth release.
I just shot it to break it in like any other glove.

After this batch is gone, they will go back to the normal buffalo price.

Bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Guys,

some info on the new 'Crossover Bigshot'.....

I'm a good friend of John Turner, new owner of American Leathers and also a good friend of James Schulz, past owner of American Leathers.  I've promoted the Bigshot gloves for several years now and shot them plenty.  However, I've always like the stiffer feel and release I got when shooting "Hill style" gloves.  I developed this new 'Crossover' glove some time ago and field tested and shot game with it this year and deemed it worthy to be promoted.  I showed it to John and he liked it.  When Big Jim called requesting a new glove,  I made the one for him to personally try out, sized for his hand.  He really likes it and that got the ball rolling for production.

The glove has cowhide stalls, with stiff nylon inserts inside and nylon webbing overlaying the stiff inserts.  The reason for this is that the nylon webbing gives the glove a stiffer feel along with the inserts, without having to do a double layer of leather for the stall, like a Hill style glove has.  The design of the Bigshot keeps the stalls on the fingers better than a Hill style glove and you won't get loose fingerstalls when shooting.

If you like the stiffer feel and release of a Hill style glove without the loose feeling stalls, then this glove is for you.  If you like a softer flexible feel, then use the regular Bigshot.  

Nate.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
I've been wanting to try the Big Shot so this is perfect timing. I just ordered one. Thanks guys!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©