3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Russell Mocassin Update...Stay tuned for the outcome  (Read 335 times)

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Russell Mocassin Update...Stay tuned for the outcome
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
After reading your post Eric Krewson, I called Russell's and asked to speak with Ralph the owner of Russell Mocassin's. He quickly responded "This is". Well, I reached the top, now I had a bunch of questions. First off he wanted to say he read all the posts, and stated if there was a problem with the boots, they should have been sent back, because they will make them 2,3,or more times to get them right. They want their customers to be happy. We talked about different types of boots for my application (settled on the Safari PH), and then he gave me different sole options available and wanted to know my application again (settled on the vibram air bob). Ralph volunteered to mail me a pair of boots with this sole to make sure it is what I want, then asked for my address to get them in the mail. He said they have taken on some jobs that they probably shouldn't have and after a couple trys, the customer was always happy. He also said they are running on about 90% satisfaction and return customer rate. This spoke volumes to me. The last question I had for him was how to do the measuring when I have doctor prescribed orthotics for my feet? Ralph told me to print off the measuring form on their website, fill it out as described, then mail those measurements in along with my orthotics so they can take the final measurements and then send the Orthotics back in a couple days. My boots, he said will be ready in 4 months from then.

I have decided, I'm buying a pair of their Mocassins. After speaking with the owner, I'm very certain they will make a pair of boots that will make me happy. You don't stay in business for 100 years if the quality/customer service just isn't there.

I will post back how the whole process goes. Stay tuned for updates.

Mike Vines
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Russell Mocassin Update...Stay tuned for the outcome
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
I have 5 pairs. 1 pr snakeboots, 1 pr safari ph's, 2 pr knockabouts, 1 pr mohican stalker. I had to send the ph's back once because the footbed was too hard, they fit fine, and they were redone and are now very comfortable. No problems with any of the others. I have some serious mileage on all of them. I think you will be pleased.
U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
I've been wanting some and thanks, your post made this easier.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
I just received a pair of their boots in the mail to try, and see if I like the type of sole I picked out.  I can honestly say this is the best constructed boot I have ever examined.  the fit was a little tight in the toes, and loose in the heals, but they weren't made for me they were just a sample.  They are the all leather PH boots.  I'm making my foot tracings and taking measurements tomorrow, and sending the sample boots back, with an order for me to get a new set.  I have an awesome feeling that this is going to be a great expereince.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©