3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GIVEAWAY Merry PBS Christmas from Steve & Steve  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GIVEAWAY Merry PBS Christmas from Steve & Steve
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
I remember being at the Great Lakes Longbow Invitational in the mid 80's.  Jerry Pierce and John Rook signed me up as an associate member of PBS.  Getting the quarterly magazine was definitely worth the price of admission.  Then I attended my first PBS banquet...I left the weekend pinching myself saying "where has this organization been my whole life?"!!  Long story short, I ended up being the high bidder at the auction on a Mackay Lake caribou hunt.  During the hunt, I made some life long PBS friends.

I'm with Steve H., Steve O., Joe, Dennis and Terry...I'll pick up the first year membership dues for a Trad Gang member that is interested in joining PBS.  

Steve H. and Steve O. - let me know when you do the drawing and I'll take care of my part.

Bryan
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Dan D,

Compounds are OK.  Seems like many of the guys that are serious enough about bowhunting to be in the PBS are just naturally drawn to shooting the stick bow.

I think what I see is we are now giving out 3 new PBS Associate memberships?

1. From Steve H & O
2. From Whip
3. From Dennis Allman

So, let's say the cutoff to post you would like to be in on this Christmas present is 9pm (eastern time!) and I think we should have Steve H do the drawing    :D

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
I am telling you, the PBS is made up of the BEST human beings out there.  While I was typing, we have 2 more "gifts"!

:thumbsup:

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve O:

Compounds are OK.  Seems like many of the guys that are serious enough about bowhunting to be in the PBS are just naturally drawn to shooting the stick bow.

Sounds like a good thing, I must be a serious bowhunter as I am "drawn to shooting the stick bow"

After reading all the posts up thru page 4, I will join on my own ! No need to throw my name in the hat, after seeing all the generous people here, that's all I needed to see to convince me to join on my own.
Thanks,
Dan

Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm a regular member and have never once been disappointed.  I agree completely in that I have met some great friends and partners thru PBS.  Thank you Steve and Steve for this gesture.  Merry Christmas all!
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Add my name please.  Thank you.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
I have been an associate member for several years with a short lapse (of judgement) a few years ago. PBS members much like here on TradGang are the organizations greatest asset. I have shared camps with several members and had gracious offers to join several more on hunts I could only dream of. Everyone I have come in contact with has exhibited "knowledge through experience" with no hint of elitism some have tried to attribute to the organization.

I would strongly urge anyone who is not a member to take this opportunity. Even if you are not drawn you should consider joining and experiencing the PBS.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
COUNT ME IN!

Wait, I'm already a Regular member.

OK, THEN I'LL PAY FOR A NEW ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP.

Just let me know the details, Steve.

Joining PBS was the second best thing I did to reinforce my bowhunting way of life. The first was marrying an understanding wife!
DonD

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
Steve(s),
I'll pay for 1 more membership from Tradgang to make it 5 available to our TG Brothers.

Hal

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
PBS is one of the best groups I've ever been associated with.
I made my first Banquet, and what a great time we had.  I got to meet alot of the folks, I've only read about.  Everyone took time from their busy schedule to talk with a new member.  Even got to meet some of my HEROS!
Krista and Sterling Hollbrook talked me into joining.  Best dried green frogskins, I ever spent!
JAG/Johnny
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »
If any of you would like to just go ahead and sign up (I know of two that have done so) please go for it.  We will still include your name and if drawn we will reimburse you the membership fees.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Up for the interested daytime crowd.

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
I like Danny would be more than honored to be considered for membership.I've never met anyone that was a member and didn't honestly know how to get sposored.If it can be done through here and I don't win I'll pay to join.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Even though I've been a member for over 25 years, if my name is drawn I will give you guys a name of someone else you can donate the membership to. Thanks to all of you, Mike

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Great idea Steve and well said. I echo Herdbull's statement about another person's name.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline cedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
I was an assoc. member back in the 80's and 90's.  For some reason, I didn't send in my dues one year and after that it got away from me.  This thread and the PBS site has renewed my interest and showed me what I have been missing.  Please enter my name and if I renew before drawing, I will pass membership along to a friend.  Thanks for the opportunity and the thread.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Good for you Steve. I hope you generate lots of interest. There should be plenty of people here that would be great members. I've been a member now for 16 yrs and wish I had joined sooner and got more involved sooner also.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
WOW, you dudes are awesome! Since I'm having a slooow year financially I'd appreciate a chance for a membership, thanks.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I can honestly say I've never looked into the PBS before this thread...not sure why. Please add my name to hat I would be honored to join.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
You know how every club or group has 4 or 5 guys that do all the work? The get 'er done type? The guys that work the shoot and let the other members have a good time? You'll find that PBS is made up of these type of bowhunters.

You'll find every one of our Regular Members with their hands up anytime something needs to be done. It's a group that won't shut-up, so we all put-up. If we were a business, we'd be top ten Fortune 500 easy.

You won't find the "glamour" guys and gals from TV or none of the big manufacturing giants who make it into the bowhunting "hall of fame". You will find guys and gals who LIVE bowhunting 24/7/365. If that sounds like you, please put your name in the hat!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©