3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wool  (Read 858 times)

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wool
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Don't forget to look at "classicsportsman.com".
They have some nice jackets and hats.

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
Jeff - check the classified, there's a pair of Trebark coveralls listed there.
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Woolrich. They'll never see it coming   :bigsmyl:  

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
There is a wool Woolrich Shirt jac just like Stone Knife's for sale in the classifieds too    ;)
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
LL.bean
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Dan Reeves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
I've had good luck with mil surplus wool

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
I've never seen a plaid tree in the woods but I've seen a lot of gray ones...     :bigsmyl:  
That may be so, but when Lemeul hops out from behind an ASAT bush or Winona shrub and says "Look at that giant squirrel, Klem!" and peppers your butt with birdshot . . .

:D  

I know Scots (our blood is tainted with the fie traitorous Campbells - who have no hunting tartan) are parsimonious ("cheap") to a fault and they wouldn't have wasted time and wool coming up with the muted "Hunting Tartans" used by the Clans in the highlands if they weren't effective.  ;-)

But then I guess a gray stump with bare legs is no better than a plaid tablecloth over bare legs.     :laughing:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stumpkiller:

Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
I've never seen a plaid tree in the woods but I've seen a lot of gray ones...      :bigsmyl:    
That may be so, but when Lemeul hops out from behind an ASAT bush or Winona shrub and says "Look at that giant squirrel, Klem!" and peppers your butt with birdshot . . .

:D    

I know Scots (our blood is tainted with the fie traitorous Campbells - who have no hunting tartan) are parsimonious ("cheap") to a fault and they wouldn't have wasted time and wool coming up with the muted "Hunting Tartans" used by the Clans in the highlands if they weren't effective.  ;-)

But then I guess a gray stump with bare legs is no better than a plaid tablecloth over bare legs.      :laughing:  [/b]
sort of defeats the purpose of wool anyway. I wonder if the Scots through more male children than female? They say keep the jewels cool for a boy.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
Almost every peace of wool I own came from the goodwill. Two bucks here and there and I have alot of good stuff. A fella could buy a closet full for the price of some wool. I know there is alot of excellant wool out there but you can find some good and cheap at the thrift store's. Give them a look!! Jason

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Covey:
Almost every peace of wool I own came from the goodwill. Two bucks here and there and I have alot of good stuff. A fella could buy a closet full for the price of some wool. I know there is alot of excellant wool out there but you can find some good and cheap at the thrift store's. Give them a look!! Jason
Man, I wish I could. I'm all about cheap wool, but the times I've been to the ones in the Dallas area, they were picked clean of most any kind of men's clothing.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy my Asbell pullover hoodie. My wife does, too, and she now wants an Asbell of her own.  :)

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Sad thing about Woolrich and LLBean is that most of their wool is now "imported". The older stuff that was made in America is usually better quality. The Classic bowman stuff is very well made as is the Asbell wool. Looking to pick up a "longhunter" shirt later this year.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline FXJr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
You have to watch that the wool from LL Bean and  Cabela's is they don't have the windstopper lining. It sounds like you are walking on wallnut shells!!
   Frank X.

Offline Bengal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
Very true. I just got back from hunting Nebraska and used Cabelas Wooltimate pants and vest that worked great. I really like the Schrew stuff. Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
I noticed a lot of really good wool pants selling for over $100-$150.  But I found a pair of surplus M1951 U.S. Army wool pants made for the Korean War for about $15.99 online.  For those looking for affordable wool pants, you might want to try that route.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©