3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PVC kids Bow  (Read 253 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
PVC kids Bow
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
about 6 months ago I remember someone had a how to on a pvc kids bow. I think it was Big Ed that did it if I rember correctly.  

Anyhow I was not able to find the archive or the thread in the How to or Pow wow.

I would like to make a kids bow for my 2 1/2 year old nephew who wants to shoot with his dad.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on the subject.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PVC kids Bow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
pvc kids bow how-to  

Here is a how-to that was written up in traditional bowhunter magazine. Hope this helps!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by rastaman:
 pvc kids bow how-to  

Here is a how-to that was written up in traditional bowhunter magazine. Hope this helps!
Those are the instructions I followed to make my son a bow earlier this year.  Worked great until I was able to make him a red oak one.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Iv made them for a couple of years now for my two boys and they work great.  :thumbsup:  

I use 1/2 PVC and cut it to whatever leangth you want ( the shorter it is the harder it is to pull)
I do about 32" to 36".  I then use a 1/2" daul rod, cut two pieces to 2" triming down an inch on bolth pieces to fit into each end of the PVC(I.D. = 3/8 i think )and you want them to fit snug.  I use 1/8" rope for the string and adjust the leangth of the string to get desired brace hight.

good luck,

Ben
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Thanks guys this stuff should help.

I think they should have a how to on one of these here on the gang.  It would be a great resource for members.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
Helped the kids at church make pvc bows last year using the TBM article. Turned out great. Had ballons on a target face for them to shoot at with small prizes for a hit. Went over really well with the kids.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline TimRadke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
I've made a bunch of these and given them away to friends and friends' friends.  They can definitely throw an arrow!
Byron Ferguson Patriot
58# @ 28"

RER XR
49# @ 26"

>')///><            <-------[[[[

Offline RusD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
This is absolutely perfect timing.  I was practicing the other day and my boy came out and wanted to "shoot bows and arrows like daddy".  I searched all over the house for something to makeshift him a bow for the day.  Now I have simple plans just in time to make something for his third birthday.  It wasn't my question, but you guys came through and are helping the community once again. Thanks!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
they work great. I use 3/4 pvc cut to 48in. And pipe insulation for a handle like the ones in tbm. I let the kids spray paint them for their own personal touch.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline bighat10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
Whats the draw weight on one of these?

Offline Thadbow

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline bighat10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Thats a different design though.... Is the draw weight going to be pretty close? (Sorry i use coumpound bows, but i wanted a simple boy for my kid.)

Offline yimbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
I made one a few years ago from the TBM article. I asked my 5 year old niece what color she wanted for her bow,thinking she would just say pink.  Instead she said she wanted a pink bow with sparkles.  I did spray paint it pink and found some kind of glitter paint in the craft store and painted that over the pink paint.  She is still proud of her bow, and she's 8. We get that out along with her little brother's blue one.

Offline dingas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Check out backyard bowyer on youtube too. He has some neat designs.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
Here's a link to some plans on our website. We make these all the time to give to kids. They will pull about 15#.
  UBM PVC Pipe Bow Plans  

Darren

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©