3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Selling & Trading Remorse  (Read 703 times)

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Selling & Trading Remorse
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
No, not really,....  The 4 I have now were weeded out of about two dozen that for one reason or another didnt stick. I still try new bows but just dont find any that really shoot better than the ones I've kept. They may be prettier wood but not better shooters......
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
I have sold two bows people here on Trad Gang. Both of these bows I would never want back. The first bow was a recurve bow which gave me a case of finger pinch and the second bow was a longbow that I could never put the first arrow shot of the day where I was aiming it.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Bald Spot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
Well, the way I look at it, selling one just gives me the opportunity to buy another that I might like better (for a while at least).

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
When I was 24 Yrs old,I borrowed a bow (longbow) With arrows and broadheads ,And practice a lot of course ,I went deer hunting for the first time 1974 and got a deer with that bow,But I gave the bow back to the man that borrowed it for to me "Big Red"

I have to say that he is the one that started my hunting adventures ,I regretted I never Purchased that bow from him ,But I just recently talked to his son ,"Big Red" let me use his bow over 36 years ago, He ("Big Red")now has Alzheimer's now he doesn't even know what a bow is or his son's name.
I recently purchased a bow that Chad Holm made, It has red in the riser and limb tips so I named it "Big Red" and told his Son Thanks for having a great Dad I never got to have.

You never know who is going to influence you. "Big Red"  gave me an adventure for a lifetime .

Influence one you can ,It will make a difference in both of you.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Roy, I have devastated myself so many times I cant even count them. I sold several Silvertips that had sentimental meaning....I refinish collectible recurves from the 60's and early 70's and had in my hands some of the most rare recurves on this planet. Sold 'em all. I even had the serial "# 10" Schafer Silvertip  made by Paul Schafer for Paul Brunner. I gave it to Dave Windauer years ago because I knew Paul's death hit him hard. But it worked out incredible. A woman I know ..her husband was dying and they were down to nothing. I put the word out and Dave and Beth auctioned off the bow and gave the cash to my friend!!! Awesome people!
Had many a custom bow made, and they are gone. I've kicked myself for way too long. The world is constantly changing. Great bucks come and go to be replaced by new. Bows, and bow hunters are the same. Don't sweat it, remember them well and keep moving forward.
David M. Conroy

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Never sell or get rid of Bows, Guns, Dogs or Wives.  You'll always have to re-buy and the next one will cost you more.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©