3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recent Problems - Review Rules - HELP!!!  (Read 1015 times)

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recent Problems - Review Rules - HELP!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
:)     :thumbsup:    :clapper:    :archer2:

I appreciate this site and it's moderators and members more than anyone can imagine. It's all about respect and helping each other out. I'm on here about 75% of my total web browsing. Love it!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

Originally posted by dragonheart:

I always try to think of this as a real campfire discussion, not a cyber one.  Here is my own test.  If I would not say that face to face with you sitting around the hunting campfire, then I do not need to post it on the internet.    

Jeff Schulz
Jeff...that was the main reason I started this site!!!....I wanted a true representation of a hunt camp campfire. [/b]
That's what I do too. I think most of us do. That, along with the great job done by our moderators, is what makes this site so great. Thanks to all the moderators and members for keeping this a positive place for all to enjoy.
   :thumbsup:  

Russ Vance
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Nothing is perfect, but this forum comes pretty close.  :thumbsup:  

Thanks for letting me be a part.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
If in any way I have violated any of the rules I do apologise & will try to be better at it in the future.

Thank y-all for such a great place to chat & learn about Traditional archery.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Terry, First off Thanx for a great site.

There is some on here knows if I see something out of place or might not be good to have posted I let them know, You also know if I see somethings I let You know about them.

As many have already said this is a great site thay is why I have been a Contributor here Twice so far. I try and help because this site and members have helped Me..

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I've had 1 or 2 posts pulled and received a
little reprimand email from the mods (actually the same mod twice). Have no I'll feelings toward him or the site because of it. Actually I know I was wrong but didn't realize when posting that I was getting to deep into family matters. Was a little hot under the collar and venting at the time.   :readit:  

And now I consider myself a member of a very select group of individuals. Because some of the finest bowhunters I know have had posts pulled from this site. (We're Special)   :D

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Terry Can You just make this a sticky up top..

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
Threads get looked at more than stickies.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
I am at fault also for not refreshing my mind with the rules.It happens
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
Threads get looked at more than stickies.
Good point

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Am just confused why some wolf threads are okay and some not. Favoritism of the moderator???

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Hey Zbone...when you see a thread that you think doesn't belong or shows favoritism, why don't you click on the little icon that says "Report Post" under that persons post and ask the moderator that question? Sometimes they slip past them or maybe they were feeling benevolent that day.   :)  Regardless, they will (most of the time) send you an email as to why or why not they allowed that post.   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
Appearantly, one of mine was pulled and I'm not quite sure why?
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
Of all the Trad archery sites on the internet, Trad Gang is my favorite. Lots of posting traffic everyday. It's also got a nice homey atmosphere about it. I also like the way this site "looks".
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by rbbhunt:
Appearantly, one of mine was pulled and I'm not quite sure why?
Please do not take it personal.  When you have a site of your own that's this big, you will understand a WHOLE LOT more about why we have rules and actually carry them out.  Sites can get out of hand, off course, and lose focus faster than you can imagine.

I'll give you a little example.  Dean Torges posted a pic of some apple wood bacon he'd made from a hog he'd killed in SC.  Within 6 hours of him posting that thread, there were NINE 'grill pics' on the PowWow...and by the time I got them all moved to the recipe forum there was already a 'spin off' thread a guy had started.  It was titled 'YUMMMMM!!'....and he posted 'Wow with all these grill pics I got hungry, what are all you guys having for supper?"

Now that example is even more relevant when you take into consideration that was SIX years ago when we had a fourth of the folks that we have now.  

Most folks really don't know how hard it is to keep a site like this on target....pun intended       :D    

rbbhunt...your thread fell under #4 of my original post...

#4 - Sales Alerts from non-sponsors. Postings of links to special sales from big box stores is not allowed...or even small box stores that are non-sponsors. Or, any notification of sales or deals just for the sake of posting them. If we were to allow this, we would have a discount/coupon/sales forum instead of a bowhunting forum. This would get out hand real quick.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Zbone:
Am just confused why some wolf threads are okay and some not. Favoritism of the moderator???
I don't have a clue what you are referring to....I'd have to have some examples.

General 'wolf' threads are pulled.  If its pertains to hunting wolves, it doesn't get pulled.

Again, I'd have to have an example of what thread got pulled and what was allowed to stay.  I've pulled my own posts before so as far as favoritism ........no.  

Did you have a wolf thread pulled?...if so, how long ago?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Will do Terry!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
As far as not Knowing why some threads get pulled and some don't, this is what I've coem to think:

The mods are humans and have different opinions of  what is appropriaste and what isnt.  If a non related thread stays up often, its overlooked or viewed as not threatening  to cause severe problems. I can think of a black deer thread that wasnt hunting related, it was just a pic. A nice picture I may add

Now a picture of deer on a boat thread was stopped. I was a nice pic of deer and it wasnt bowhunting related.

Look at it this way, if a thread gets removed, there will be a justifiable reason and you would be able to find out why by reading the rules.  If a thread doesnt get removed, well maybe it was overlooked or maybe there is a reason as to why it meets criteria.

You can also look at it this way; enjoy the site for what it is worth.  I have made many frieds here and enjoy the time suck it provides during the cold and dark winter months.  

A litle warmth and light given from a cyber campfire if you will.

Thanks Mods for all you do to keep this place friendly and informative.  Although I dont understand why you do everything you do, I aprpeciate all the other stuff you do. Life's too short to worry about miniscule stuff. people should appreciate what hey have or like the example of the  guy Terry mentioned earlier, move on at your own loss.

:notworthy:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
If you have a problem think about what it's like to try and keep 30,000 people in check,and following guidelines and rules.I cant do that with my three kids without getting frustrated.Terry made this for us to come together and have a place of our own,so lets respect that and keep it what it is and follow the rules, they ain't that bad.   :campfire:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Terry,
 Just for my future reference, if I had left it at "a flytying supply store" and not mentioned any vendor, would that post had been Ok?  I was just wanting to give an alternative source for cat whiskers that is available in different colors.

Thanks,
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©